Warped/curled Fins On Betta?

Aada

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello there!

I've been scouring the internet for quite some time to try and find out what is up with my betta's fins, but I haven't yet seen a similar post so I thought I would come here.

Over the last few months, his fins have been looking warped. It's been a slow progression over the last few months. At first I thought he had just ripped his tail and it healed oddly, but now I don't think that's the case. Any ideas/advice on what's causing it?

Tank:
Size: 2.5g
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10
Temp: 78F
Water change frequency: 30-40% every Saturday.
Tankmates: MTS in the sand, and a few Ramshorn (I had one, it multiplied and he keeps eating the offspring;;; )

Attachments

WriterDayAndNight

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I don't think its fin rot, hm this ones kinda tricky. I think it might just be the way he was born and everything (saying from experience) but I would wait for someone more knowledgable to come along and help out.

wolfdog01

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Some betta fins can change shape on the ends when you bring them home. My halfmoon had extremely curled ventral fins the minute I brought him home, never cleared up. Never bothered him and he lived for a little over two years. I wouldn't worry.

Nightshadethebetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Your betta looks quite healthy, I don’t see anything wrong. My previous veil tail betta had curled edges on his tail and my current one is completely straight and smooth. I wouldn’t worry about it If it were fin rot, the edges would appear jagged and you may see streaks of red or black (speaking from experience).

Aada

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Whew! I guess I was worried over nothing. As long as he's healthy, I'm happy

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom