Warning- Large Images! Blue Marble Hmpk X “koi” Hmpk

BettaBeetlesandBugs

Reaction score
Finally decided to do a spawn journal, so here goes nothing!
This is perhaps my smallest spawn and I don’t know the exact date but they spawned somewhere around the middle of November. The sire was a blue marble hmpk and rhe female was a koI hmpk. She was really eggbound and it didn’t look good for her, plus my male had a huge bubble nest ready. They spawned and the result was about 20 eggs amd now 20 fry. They are feeding on bbs and are currently in a half fileld 10 gallon tank with lots of rotala. They eat like pigs and are surprisingly slow in growth.

Sire-
Ignore the angel, he’a currently in QT until I find him a forever home
B5DF95D9-3947-46AA-9111-AB0013FBAB3F.jpeg

Female-
She looked much better and more koI like until she marbled, bow she’s black and red
B2C915C3-E015-40F5-ADCE-B262C081A285.jpeg

Fry-
C2C32930-C882-4610-9A5E-14E3201889BB.jpeg

Close up-
6E6E279E-AD43-4FED-B7AF-5228C285FF3C.jpeg

OP
BettaBeetlesandBugs

BettaBeetlesandBugs

Reaction score
WinterSoldier Thanks, me too, this sown seems to be growing rather slowly though.

OP
BettaBeetlesandBugs

BettaBeetlesandBugs

Reaction score
Not an update, but I would highly sugegst getting a brine shrimp hatching dish. It is by far the absolute best when rearing bbs for fry and here’s a little hack- I prefer to allow all or most of the eggs to hatch out throughout the course of a few days to a week, sometiems even more, since it allows larger brine shrimp naupliI to grow. Also, if the water prameters are right, the betta fry should be growing quickly as well. In turn, the larger brine shrimp accomodates to the larger fry. One downside is that the newly hatched bbs is higher in nutrients, so tou mcht have to supplement their diet with other foods. I also found out that my fry now know when it’s feeding time and always wait around 10:00ish PM where I shine the light for the fry tank since its the area in which the bbs congregate.

OP
BettaBeetlesandBugs

BettaBeetlesandBugs

Reaction score
The male was bought from a professional breeder and the female I regret to say is a pet store buy. I know that I shouldn’t breed her but I guess I just did it on a whim. When she did have her colors she did have good finnage and markings but now she looks like this. The male’s fins are torn because of the sorority I have in their.

OP
BettaBeetlesandBugs

BettaBeetlesandBugs

Reaction score
Don’t have any pics yet but some are growing ventrals along with dorsal and analfins! Also, does anyone know if scuds aka freshwater amphipods are okay to keep with betta fry? Some hitch-hiked with the plants that I put in my tank and I just saw 2.

New Threads