Warning if you like Goldfish....Hungry Lionfish!

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Food' started by RCode, Dec 16, 2012.

1. RCodeNew MemberMember

Hey... saw this section and it reminded me of my video of my lion fish eating a goldfish.

Now I do admit, at the time, I wasn't aware it was the best diet for it, but it grew healthy, so take it as a lesson to others I guess. What do others feed there lionfish? :;shat

[video=youtube;PqbWY0oLclI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqbWY0oLclI[/video]

2. YeoyWell Known MemberMember

Wow. That Lion is enormous. Goldies not a good idea, but interesting all the same.

3. OP
    OP
    R

RCodeNew MemberMember

yup, they are high in fat. He was super healthy, and just got to big for the tank. This was one of the last videos. It went to someone who was able to house it in monster sized aquarium.

4. Quinn_Lamb98

Quinn_Lamb98Well Known MemberMember

WOW. he is HUGE. how old was he when he went to a new home? now i want a lionfish, sigh.

5. redtailshark96

redtailshark96New MemberMember

my dad had one of those a while back. they are awesome fish:)

6. Fashooga

FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

Hey wasn't that the Lion Fish from Star Trek The Next Generation in Captain Picard's redy room?

7. OP
    OP
    R

RCodeNew MemberMember

He was about 3-4 years old, grew from 1 inch to about 7-8 inch and that is body size not fins.

Very awesome fish, lots of personality, and would even eat out of your hand.

and No sorry he wasn't the same one. :p

8. BaconIsGood42Valued MemberMember

I was reading the comments saying hes huge and then I watched the video. WOW!!! What's his name, whimpy?

9. Quinn_Lamb98

Quinn_Lamb98Well Known MemberMember

? i don't get it.

10. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

I hear lionfish are delicious.

11. throwthesand

throwthesandValued MemberMember

Yes, that was a lionfish. His name was Livingston.

12. Tigress Hill

Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

Same here! Mmm....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice