Warning @ buying from Aquatic Magic

APColorado
Aquatic Magic = AqMagic.com

I recently ordered some plants through Aquabid and the seller was Aquatic Magic. I've been expecting my package for some time and just got a letter in the mail from U.S. Department of Agriculture that the following plant has been confiscated.

Reasons:
-Material not authorized entry
-Phyto-sanitary certificate is missing
-Permit is missing

I just emailed Aquatic Magic about the incident so I will update this thread the instant I hear back from them.

Mike
Woah. Thanks for the info. Where was it being shipped from?

APColorado
Singapore. I'm thinking they don't have proper permits to ship to the US.

sirdarksol
That'd explain why shipping is so cheap. :/

Tonia
Sorry to hear about the plants not getting there AP I hope the seller will refund your money and make it right for you.

monkeypie102
I have been antI aquaticmagic since they shipped me take Latinos not once but twice... Sorry you got cheated AP

APColorado
monkeypie102 said:
I have been antI aquaticmagic since they shipped me take Latinos not once but twice... Sorry you got cheated AP
They shipped Latinos? I'm assuming you were trying to write: Late. Lol.

We'll see what happens, waiting for an email from them. Thankfully I bought through paypal so you can dispute the order if they don't fess up.

All about a learning process.

monkeypie102
Actually it's suppose to say fake marimos lol... Stupid auto correct...

JamesCain80
Sorry to hear that happened. I hope they make it right by you so you can try another place. Good luck with it all.

FishieFishie
I also received fake Marimo moss balls from them about a year ago.....will never order from them again.

endlerfan
Hahahaha! I had to laugh when I read you got sent Latinos not once but twice. Was thinking "They must have a really big house" Gotta love auto correct.

cichlidmac
Um..... I'm awaiting an order from them right now.....

monkeypie102
endlerfan said:
Hahahaha! I had to laugh when I read you got sent Latinos not once but twice. Was thinking "They must have a really big house" Gotta love auto correct.
Omg makes me sound so racist lol... But you know I love me some Latinos

oscarsbud
Is this the same one who sells on eBay? I have ordered from AquaticMagic on eBay several times and the one time I had a problem, they resolved it right away. I must have gotten lucky.

APColorado
oscarsbud said:
Is this the same one who sells on eBay? I have ordered from AquaticMagic on eBay several times and the one time I had a problem, they resolved it right away. I must have gotten lucky.
Yeah they are the same.

monkeypie102
How they get away with shipping is they send the plants as home decor items and they get away with it... Most of the time anyways...

cichlidmac
foxhill2
AmazonPassion said:
Aquatic Magic = AqMagic.com

I just emailed Aquatic Magic about the incident so I will update this thread the instant I hear back from them.
How disappointing!
I just ordered plants from them too. They shipped them out on March 15 & said they will arrive somtime between March 28 & April 15th!! We will see, I sure hope mine passes.
I hope you get your money back, AP Keep us posted. I will do the same if I hear anything about my order.

APColorado
Update:

Received an email from Aquatic Magic:

Hi,

Sorry to here about the confiscation.

Custom are extremely strict these days, and they will destroy the plants upon detecting slight soil particles.

If you allow us, could we offer you a full refund or free resend to alternate shipping address ? Please let us know if this arrangement is acceptable for you.

Can you show us a photo of the custom declaration section?
Also you let us know what is the item being declared as on the green form on the envelop" This is to understand what causes the confiscation

I scanned what customs sent me and requested for a full refund because I didn't want to send them a secondary address and have that be confiscated and get in trouble with US Customs.

Lucy
Thanks for the update AP.
Asking for a refund was the right choice, imo.
Why go through this again.

It surprises me that they would ask for an alternate address.
Like that would matter.

Wouldn't customs contact the seller also?
After all they are the ones shipping without proper paperwork.

APColorado
Lucy said:
Thanks for the update AP.
Asking for a refund was the right choice, imo.
Why go through this again.

It surprises me that they would ask for an alternate address.
Like that would matter.

Wouldn't customs contact the seller also?
After all they are the ones shipping without proper paperwork.
I honestly don't know to be honest if US customs will be contacting them.

I just didn't want to provide them with another address and have my name on the US Custom watch list. Kind of sketchy.

I love their explanation..."US custom is being strict these days"

foxhill2
Sounds sketchy, I agree. I wonder how they keep a rep. of "98.1% positive feedback....on Ebay?

APColorado
Update: I'm happy. I got my refund.

BettaLover123
Glad I read this.. I almost ordered some tiny marimo moss balls from here this morning.. Good thing I didn't. Thanks for this thread.

cichlidmac
I ordered catappa leaves without any issues and got a great deal. It's probably just live plants they have issues with.

monkeypie102
cichlidmac said:
I ordered catappa leaves without any issues and got a great deal. It's probably just live plants they have issues with.
Yes it is just live plants I have had issues with them... The almond leaves came in perfect condition!

foxhill2
Of the live plants I ordered from Aquatic Magic, 3 of the 4 were very healthy. The fourth, a christmas moss, is brown & don't think it's going to 'green up'. Aside from that plant I was happy with what I got from them.

winglessicarus
I ordered a boatload of nano marimo from them. Came in no problem, quicker than anticipated. I am not sure how to tell whether or not they are "real" marimo, but I am super happy with my purchase. Sorry you had this issue

Ironically, despite me only seeing this thread now - I ordered mine around the same time as you, estimated delivery was April 8th - April 24th according to ebay, and I've had them since about the 10th.

002.jpg

Foushboy
I think aqmagic sucks! They gave me the same story about customs. Don't trust them! Their rating on eBay is in decline, now 96%. Got my refund and every time I see their ad I just skip right past. Buyer beware for sure.

Marimos
When I ordered, I didn't even get a shipping confirmation or expected date... Being suspicious that they won't send it or take a really long time. Does anyone know how long it takes to ship to Canada approximately? Thanks in advance!

Latest threads

Top Bottom