Warm(er) Water Corydoras Question

1. ValerieAdams

ValerieAdams Well Known Member Member

So my tank is going to be around 80 degrees F. I really wanted Flag-Tailed Panda Corys. But apparently they're incredibly hard to find (I did find one website and I'm waiting to hear back from them). What are some other warm water corys that could go in a 29 gallon tank in case I can't find these guys? I'm wanting to get 8 of them.

2. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Albino cories are a good idea.

3. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

C.sterbai, C.aenus bronze or albino, C.duplicareus, C.adolfoi if you can find them are a few that would be ok at a higher temp

4. JLeeM

JLeeM Well Known Member Member

Oh boy, you caught the attention of @Coradee! You'll definitely get some good info on corys now.

5. OP
    OP
    ValerieAdams

I've never heard of C.duplicareus, I looked them up though and I love the looks of them! I didn't know that C.adolfoi could be at higher temps, I orginally wanted those

6. Coradee

Tbh a lot of corys sold as C.adolfoi are more than often C.duplicareus as they’re so similar & misidentified.
    It’s a shame you can’t get C.oiapoquensis (flag tail pandas) as they are very pretty & seen quite regularly over here, I’ve had them in the past.

7. OP
    OP
    ValerieAdams

I just heard back from online and I can get the Flag Tail Pandas! I might have to ask around to see if they're a reliable source though. If not, I'll probably go with the C.duplicareus if I can find them.

8. Coradee

Good luck, you won’t be disappointed with whichever you go with :)