Warhammer Age of Sigmar

jinjerJOSH22

Hey all, curious if any one collects or plays Warhammer Age of Sigmar in this community?
If so, how long have you been doing it? What Armies do you collect? and of course I would love to see some photos of your painted Armies or what you are working on or even what you plan on getting.
Don't be shy, you won't receive harsh criticisms here, this is meant to be a fun place you can share in another aspect of your hobby.

I used to collect models back when I was nine or ten(17 or so years ago ), you know back when I had very little care for how much they cost and treated them as such(foei younger self). I went on a Workshop with a bunch of friends, where we learnt how to paint them and the rules of the game. Very fond memories. I remember the struggle of picking my first army, going back picking another then changing my mind once more, it was quite the effort, unlike these days..... nope still the same haha.

I started out with a mishmash of armies ranging from The Empire, Orcs and Goblins to the machine heavy Dwarves but the one I collected the most of and enjoyed most of all was the Lizardmen. Luckily for me they have remained mostly unchanged in the new iterations and are still the fearsome fighters they used to be. Though this time round I didn't start with them, I wanted err practice before I took on the challenge of my childhood memories but soon enough I took the challenge and now have a small army(very small) consisting of the contents of the Seraphon Start collecting box as well as Deathrattle Skeletons and the contents of the Storm Strike.

Currently working on my Saurus Knights =)

Warhammer pic1.jpg
warhammer pic2.jpg

BigManAquatics

Back in high school(20+ years ago), i had an Empire Army. Favorite model was the Halfing Hot-pot! But, found the army too easy to win with, so then i built an Orc & Goblin army....the chaos was insanely fun and sometimes worked out in my advantage!!

MacZ

I only used to play LARP with groups that played characters in the Warhammer Fantasy background: The Hordes of Chaos, The Dark Elves, The Night Goblins, The Imperial Expedition Corps and The Sigmarites.
No kidding, those are (maybe partially were by now) actual german LARP groups.

Great costumes, high drama roleplaying and at least tv-series-worthy fighting. Always impressive to see back then and great fun to play with
(Guess what a Redcap would do. Right, prank the living *bleep* out of them. Except the Sigmarites, those were not fun.).

I myself always bailed out of playing a character in that background, I was too deep entangled into World of Darkness (Changeling) stuff. No time for something else. Those were all Main Characters for everybody, no secondary characters, so many put a lot of money and time in it. Which I didn't have back then. My stuff was possible on low to medium budget.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
LHanna61
Replies
Views
Adriifu
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views