Wanting to add new fish - need recommendations?

CorydorasCats

I’m wanting to add a few new fish to my tank just to give it some more activity but I’m struggling to decide what!

I have a 20 gal with massive filtration and I water change at least 30-40% every week so with respect please don’t try and give over-stocking advice..

I currently have 6 sterbai corydoras, 6 rummy nose tetra & 2 platies (1 M, 1 F) - I am going to add 2 more females

I was thinking of maybe adding some otocinclus, kuhli loaches or a small school of ember tetra (or maybe some of both/each)?

Does anyone have any other suggestions of interesting fish I could add to my tank?

Thank you in advance!

Dippiedee

What about bumping up the rummynoses? I prefer bigger schools as opposed to different species I just find it more aesthetically pleasing

What about dwarf neon green rasboras? I think they're quite interesting

Upvote 0

CorydorasCats

What about bumping up the rummynoses? I prefer bigger schools as opposed to different species I just find it more aesthetically pleasing

What about dwarf neon green rasboras? I think they're quite interesting
I was thinking of adding a few more but recently one of the bigger ones has become a territorial bully! It keeps chasing the others around and I’ve notice tiny nips from some of the others’ fins so part of the reason I was wanting to add some different fish was to try and curb this bullying..

Ember Tetras would be a good choice or another type of nano fish like Chili Rasboras.
After seeing ember tetras ‘in the flesh’ I just fell in love with them! Chill rasboras are gorgeous too but I know they don’t show their red colour until they mature so they might get ‘lost’ in my tank as it has black sand and black background

Upvote 0

Cody

I was thinking of adding a few more but recently one of the bigger ones has become a territorial bully! It keeps chasing the others around and I’ve notice tiny nips from some of the others’ fins so part of the reason I was wanting to add some different fish was to try and curb this bullying..

After seeing ember tetras ‘in the flesh’ I just fell in love with them! Chill rasboras are gorgeous too but I know they don’t show their red colour until they mature so they might get ‘lost’ in my tank as it has black sand and black background
Definitely agree that it’s hard to beat some Ember tetras if you find some healthy ones with good color!

Upvote 0

Random Great Thread!

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Top Bottom