wanting to add more fake plants to my tank

1. LadyBug82 Member Member

ive been thinking of adding more fake plants to my tank and wanted to know if i should and need more decor i think for hiding places when i get shrimp later on. what are ur thoughts. here is a pic of my 55g tank. don't pay attention to the other two pics i cant get them off this post..lol

IMG_20120406_202033.jpg

Attached Files:

2. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I think the rams may eat your shirmp, not sure what else you have in the tank tho.

What kind of shrimp were you considering?

3. LadyBug82 Member Member

4. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

The amano shrimp should be fine with the rams, don't know about the yellow shrimp.

5. LadyBug82 Member Member

should i add more plants cause it looks to me needs little bit more, but not sure tho.?

6. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

A few near the front and in each corner would be good.

7. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

My yellow shrimp I just bought I was told I have adult size and some juvies and my adults are small. About half the size of a full grown ghost shrimp if that gives you an idea.

8. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I would say add what you like to make the tank what you want. Personally Im really a fan of live plants over fake ones but thats just me. Id say you can handle a few more easily and still make it look fantastic.

9. mrgoogls Member Member

i think you should add sme green plants next to the red ones behind that rock in the back left corner. that looks empty to me. try and add some green ones. if you dont like it, move or remove themXD

10. LadyBug82 Member Member

yea ur right i think i need more green n that area.