Wanted: South Texas Betta Breeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunnyPuncher

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I'm wondering if anyone knows of any reputable betta breeders in the South Texas area (Waco to Laredo). I'm still a backward hick when it comes to the concept of mail order fishes and would prefer to deal local if I could.

Shine

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
three hours? --pfft!

lol--I know I'd rather take the drive and be able to see the betta I might get in person, plus be able to transport them myself over paying $40-85 for the fish + shipping. Depending on the vehicle you have the cost might not even be that different ;D

OP
BunnyPuncher

BunnyPuncher

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
three hours? --pfft!

lol--I know I'd rather take the drive and be able to see the betta I might get in person, plus be able to transport them myself over paying $40-85 for the fish + shipping. Depending on the vehicle you have the cost might not even be that different ;D
^^^ I'm like Shine. I can aerate a bucket and get er home. Not big on sight unseen.

Besides, any excuse for a road trip is a good excuse!

OP
BunnyPuncher

BunnyPuncher

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Heh, I'll go with you... I haven't been to Waco in years. I went to undergrad there.
This reminds me, we SA / Austin locals (here on FL and elsewhere) need to see about starting a very informal freshwater aquarium club. I mean, we all go shopping for fish and such, why not do it as a crew and have some fun

Martinismommy said:
y Whisper is in TX not sure how close to you but I highly recommend her as a breeder....
Thanks will check out her profile.

OP
BunnyPuncher

BunnyPuncher

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Are there many of us?
I'm sure there is. Finding them will be the tough part. Once my professional life gets settled down I'll start thinking about this seriously. As a "generalist" I'm more interested in a club that reflects that as opposed to one that focuses on a particular family or a particular aspect (breeding).

Or I may do absolutely nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 68 67.3%

Top Bottom