want to plant 20gallon tank help please

Jeffhvacr02

Reaction score
I want to plant my 20gal tank with some easy to care for plants that are low maintenance and can take a 15 watt fluorescent tube light.  I never tried to plant a take before and would like to have some goood advice about it before I tried.  I just wonder what things I need like plant foods, good substate and equipment any and all help is greatly appreciated

thanks

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I think you should read this thread to get an idea of what a planted tank needs (more or less). This is with respect to a low-light tank, something you should try when just starting out with a planted tank. Here:

You should read this thread as well:

OP
J

Jeffhvacr02

Reaction score
Thanks for linking those two threads the were very informative and gave me some good ideas of what to consider for planting.  Then I ran a couple web searches about low to medium light plants and requirements for them.  Now I have more knowledge then when I started, now I will try out my underwater green thumb.

(whats up with the thumbs down next to the thread? Dose my question stink that bad? Oooowell can't win'em all.)

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Jeffhvacr02 said:
(whats up with the thumbs down next to the thread?  Dose my question stink that bad? Oooowell can't win'em all.)
LOL ... what thumbs?

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oh ... lol ;D ... the one next to your topic line? You must have put it there by accident I suppose. Do you want me to remove it?

OP
J

Jeffhvacr02

Reaction score
Oh I did put that there, My bad bad well its one way to get attention at least. If I only knew what I did so I could do it again.
I'm not as good as most at using a computer, but one day I'll understand the crazy little gadget. You have more than helpful with plants and internet info Tanks you very much. ;D

New Threads