Want to make certain these are ghost shrimp before I transfer them to my betta tank!

Mindy3
I know the big one is berried so I figured I’d move the smaller two to the main tank. I planned on waiting two weeks (quarantine) but she looks like she may be dropping eggs. I just absolutely don’t want to risk harm to my betta or my mystery snail.

KayBee3
richiep
It is a ghost
You can move the two small to the main tank, leave the berried one until she releases the live young then move her over, thats if you want the young

Mindy3
richiep said:
It is a ghost
You can move the two small to the main tank, leave the berried one until she releases the live young then move her over, thats if you want the young
I didn’t originally but my kids were really sad when I said they’d just get eaten anyway so...I guess we are going to have baby shrimp. ‍♀ What is the best way to move the shrimp? With a net? Or a scoop? I know they can jump pretty darn well.

richiep
You need to move the two small ones and leave the berried on her own or move the berried to a tank of her own, use a net will be fine, once the berried hatches the young will float to the surface then you'll need to move mum straight away into the main tank before she eats them all

Mindy3
richiep said:
You need to move the two small ones and leave the berried on her own or move the berried to a tank of her own, use a net will be fine, once the berried hatches the young will float to the surface then you'll need to move mum straight away into the main tank before she eats them all
I assume a nerite would be ok with the babies?

KayBee3
A nerite shouldn't harm the shrimp whatsoever.

Mindy3
Thanks guys!

Top Bottom