Want to add Rainbow fish

1. Jasonnnnnnnz Member Member

I have a 60L community tank settled for about 3 months now. It's densely planted and has a 700L per hour filter. My stock in the tank is currently
    (11 neon tetras) (2 platies) (2 angels) (1 pleco, shrimp) and in addition I would like to add 2 dwarf rainbow fish or maybe 2 Boesemani rainbows they are at $15 each at my lfs. I do water changes at 5L each time every Saturday and water perimeters are really stable (haven't had any issues since I started). Should I add or not. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

in my opinion you are already way overstocked. 60 litres is about 15 gallons... the angels can reach 6" each, the pleco (depending on the type) 3-12", platies 3".... too many fish already. i wouldn't add anything to this tank. personally, i would upgrade the tank if you are wanting to keep your current fish.xx

3. Jasonnnnnnnz Member Member

Pleco is bristle nose and soon or later I will upgrade but my angels are less than 2inches and giving away my platies to a mate. Still wanting them rainbows :L

4. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I'm with Hollie, don't add any more fish wait until you can upgrade. Your angels may only be 2" now but before very long they can be 6"+ tall & need much more space

5. Jasonnnnnnnz Member Member

Alright thanks