Want a new fish 100 Gallon Tank 

Emberdee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I know it won't go well with a Columbian shark, because they are very strongly brackish. They would probably go well with a redtailed shark because you have a fairly large tank. I hope this helps, and you wait for opinions from other members.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning Danivak and Welcome to Fish Lore.

My Bloody Parrots get along great with my Rainbow Shark (same family as the Red Tail Shark) No issues whatsoever. The Rainbow Shark doesn't dare mess with my Bloody Parrots.

I can't say what will happen with the other shark you've mentioned as I've never kept them.

If you do decide on stocking Bloody Parrots, I do suggest that you buy at least 2 if not more. I personally feel they need and deserve to be housed with members of their own kind. You'll get to see the true behavior of the species by at least keeping them in pairs. They love to hide as juveniles and terracotta pots make great hiding spots for these guys. As they grow older they may not hide at all.

Please keep us posted and best wishes. I have photos and a video in my profile of my Bloody Parrots if you care to take a peek.

Best wishes! Please keep us posted.

Ken

Prince Powder

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here is our profile of the Columbian Shark.

https://www.fishlore.com/profile-columbianshark.htm

As mentioned, it is a brackish water fish which generally does well in freshwater as a juvenile, but needs to be acclimated over time to a brackish water tank. You might want to consider getting another similarly sized tank in the near future. This way when the time comes to begin acclimating the CS to brackish you will have another tank to move the RTS to (as well as any other freshwater fish you are to add). For the RTS you might be able to get away with a 29 or so, but if you were to add the blood parrots, I would suggest something larger such as a 55 or more. With the adult size of the CS I would keep the 100 gallon for him. You may be able to add other brackish fish in with him, just keep in mind that the CS is a predator and as he grows he will eat anything he can fit in his mouth so any additions will have to be on the large side as well.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Me again,

Agreed, I don't recommend Bloody Parrots for a Brackish tank. I saw that the tank was 100g's but missed it being brackish. oops!

Ken

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom