want a new filter

anah_go_karts
want a better hang on filter I have a 55 gal freshwater with an aquatech don't like it

atmmachine816
Aquaclear or Penguin Bio-wheel is what I would suggest, total of about 500-600 gph would be good, best would be 600 if you have and large waste producers.

Coryd55
Aquaclear definitely. They are excellent filters. Get two of the 50's or one of the 70's

I have 2 of the 50s and they work excellent!

sirdarksol
I love Tetra's Whisper line. They're simple, but that's one of their greatest advantages. A simple machine is less likely to break down. I have had one of my Whispers stop working, but that one was over ten years old, and went through a power outage. I believe the surge damaged the motor.

john&jen
Aquaclear. Period.

COBettaCouple
We've been buying these lately and really like them:

andy65
My vote goes for Aquaclear. The only thing about them is that they do not get the VERY small stuff out of you tank without some modifications.

travie
What modifications need to be done to the AC's to get the small stuff out of the tank?

andy65
Just some filter floss UNDER the sponge. That what I did and it works nicely.

travie
Any particular brand of filter floss? And where in Indiana are you andy65?

andy65
I use 100% polyester fiber fill that you find in the sewing department of Wal-mart.
If you use Polyfill just make SURE that it's 100% polyester fibers and unscented.

Just in IN,that's all I can say.

travie
I'm in IN, too. So just wondering. I will look for that next time that I'm in Wal-Mart. Thanks.

COBettaCouple
We use this:

We just cut it to fit our filters. Great stuff and it lasts a long time.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
30 Gallon Tank Upgrading filter
Replies
Views
JoeCal52
Replies
Views
Bhopkins1311
Replies
Views
benharmer87