Wannna add more to the tank

11fishvibe

Soo I’ve got a 75 gallon tank set up. And would like some feedback on the stock and everything else I’ve done so far.

this is my first tank and I’ve experienced one death so far.
I have an aqua clear 110 filter
With 4 Sponge filters
I have 3 Bala sharks
6 boesmani rainbows
5 sterbai cories
6 neon tetras
3 guppies
2 African drawf frogs
2 blue rams
1 bristlenose pleco

so far they’re all getting along. Will I run into issues down the road. Could I add more fish and if so what?

my rainbows I have no colour they look yellow all over And are about 4 inches long will they get colour as they grow? Are they sick?

also I’ve been doing weekly water changes as well as rinsing the filter media as well.
I’m using pfs substrate and was told recently that sand hold gases and can kill the fish. How do I make sure the fish stay safe?

Also I’m using fake plants if i wanna transfer to real plants. What’s the best way?

skar

Stocking wise- I don't have experience with bala sharks. Your neons are not temp compatible and will probably fade out of your tank as time goes on.
You could replace neons with cardinal tetras.

Sand is a good substrate; gas bubbles can happen but pretty rare. Don't lose any sleep over it. Cories will shift the sand I doubt that we'll be an issue.

Switching to live plants is pretty simple.
Get a good light for plants buy some plants and put them in your tank edge you like them. Also add a fertilizer such as niloc g
Thrive.
Does your tank look full and active?? I would base future stocking on temp and if your tank appears full or if you can picture another school without being crowded.

Though I would suggest amono and ghost shrimp also a snail or two.

Upvote 0

FinalFins

Hi, those bala sharks will get over a foot long at maturity so I suggest you rehome them since they need a much larger aquarium.

Upvote 0

FishBoy101

Soo I’ve got a 75 gallon tank set up. And would like some feedback on the stock and everything else I’ve done so far.

this is my first tank and I’ve experienced one death so far.
I have an aqua clear 110 filter
With 4 Sponge filters
I have 3 Bala sharks
6 boesmani rainbows
5 sterbai cories
6 neon tetras
3 guppies
2 African drawf frogs
2 blue rams
1 bristlenose pleco

so far they’re all getting along. Will I run into issues down the road. Could I add more fish and if so what?

my rainbows I have no colour they look yellow all over And are about 4 inches long will they get colour as they grow? Are they sick?

also I’ve been doing weekly water changes as well as rinsing the filter media as well.
I’m using pfs substrate and was told recently that sand hold gases and can kill the fish. How do I make sure the fish stay safe?

Also I’m using fake plants if i wanna transfer to real plants. What’s the best way?
There are a lot of bottom dwellers. I wouldn't add more. In the long term, the bala sharks will proably become aggressive towards the other bottom dwellers.

Upvote 0

skar

I have a 75 as well ... a 110 is good but a 110 and 70 filter on opposing sides is better.

Upvote 0

11fishvibe

Hi, those bala sharks will get over a foot long at maturity so I suggest you rehome them since they need a much larger aquarium.

Ugh the lps advised me to only get three and neon tetras and they will be fine

Upvote 0

FinalFins

Ugh the lps advised me to only get three and neon tetras and they will be fine
Unfortunatly you have been misguided by your LFS associate- just becasue they work with fish doesn't mean they are a person that can properly stock a tank.

Maybe this picture will convince you that you need to rehome them-

1599430012655.png

As you can see there is a very large bala shark on the left and a juvenile one on the right- the kind of size you usually buy them at.

Image source- link above

Upvote 0

11fishvibe

Yea they’re leaving my tank Tuesday.
Easier to get rid of when they’re small.

thank you for the feedback guys.
Any suggestions what I can put in there instead?

my tanks temperature is at 80. Is that too cold or too hot for the fish that’s in there now?

Upvote 0

FinalFins

Personally I would replace the neons with cardinals- as others have said at the temperature blue rams prefer (82+) they will burn out quickly- if you want you can let the neons die out and add a group of 15 cardinals now.

Upvote 0

11fishvibe

Personally I would replace the neons with cardinals- as others have said at the temperature blue rams prefer (82+) they will burn out quickly- if you want you can let the neons die out and add a group of 15 cardinals now.
Okie just adjusted my heater- tank is now sitting almost at 81, Can most likely exchange the neons to cardinals with no issues.
How about the rainbows ?? And they look yellow. Not even close to rainbows at all

Upvote 0

FinalFins

The name rainbows i have no clue why many fish were put under it. Many species are partly dull.

81 should be fine for the rainbows- most rainbowfish the upper limit is 82-83F.

Upvote 0

11fishvibe

The name rainbows i have no clue why many fish were put under it. Many species are partly dull.

81 should be fine for the rainbows- most rainbowfish the upper limit is 82-83F.

Awesome! yea they look sick compare to the other rainbows I see.

I think honestly I’m going to fill it with Smaller fish with lots of colour.

waiting for my wife’s permission to add a bigger tank for salt water Or maybe frontosas.

Upvote 0

11fishvibe

So the 3 Bala sharks are rehomed.
And my neon tetras are actually cardinal tetras.

tginking of adding 3 glofish ... black skirt tetras.
Will they be okay?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Leeman75
  • Question
20 Gallon Tank I want to add more fish
Replies
Views
pandacorytay