Walmart spring water Important 

dfisherman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm not sure this is the correct thread for this but. I had a situation were my Ammonia in my tank got to 5ppm using TSS. So because my tap water has a high ammonia rate I used spring water for a 50% w/c. The next day I noticed the nitrates were very high, so last nigh I tested a bottle of Walmart spring water the reading was 80ppm. I was shocked! been using this water for the last few months have never noticed a NO3 rise.

On another note anyone looking for pure Ammonia Chloride, Dr. Tim's web site sells it to use for fish less cycles.

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
what is the ammonia straight from the tap? I can't imagine it would be that high. you can use a water conditioner that also zaps the ammonia. prime does that, and amquel+ too.

it would probably be more stable for your tank if you used tap water every time....which is fromt he same source each time, and has the same ph etc....so you know what you're getting.

bottled water, even spring, aren't all the same.....even if you use the same brand, who knows from one batch to the next. i'm convinced most "spring" water, really isn't more than treated tap water. I could be wrong though. i'm a conspiracy theory person lol

dfisherman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Tap water 1.0, 1.5 ammonia, also got report from water company chloramine is average 1.12ppm. But your right I will probally just use tap water and treat with prime.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads