WalMart made me happy

ColumbianShark3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They shut down all of there aquariums, finally I mean come on they are always dead, I could never stand seeing those poor fish that no one takes care of, it was just sad to see them but now I can get my supply's without seeing nothing but death, and that will give are LFS more business, well I just wanted to share my happy moment of the day, now if only all of the walmarts would do that.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I remember finding out a walmart near me stopped selling fish.
I could have danced out of the store, I was so happy.
Just like you, I posted about it too. lol

Goldwing_Don

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
But in some towns thats all they have and now some people wont be able to enjoy the hobby because there is no fish to buy...but i guess thats not importent you most of you.
JMHO

ColumbianShark3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Goldwing_Don said:
But in some towns thats all they have and now some people wont be able to enjoy the hobby because there is no fish to buy...but i guess thats not importent you most of you.
JMHO
oh yeah I know what that's like we have only had are pet store for about two months, and otherwise besides walmart are only other option was to drive 30-45 minutes to get fish, but usually we just went ahead and got them from other towns, because of how poorly walmart took care of there fish here

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
buying online is nearly as convenient as going to a walmart nowadays. The shipping can be steep at some vendors but if you get a good rate you can often come out cheaper in the long run.

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Unfortunately, I just left my Walmart and they still sell fish. I hadn't really ever looked at them closely until I read this thread earlier today. Needless to say, I was not impressed. I'm thinking about writing an e-mail or calling the store manager because its rather disturbing to see fish in those conditions.

Because of Walmarts total sales, if they were their own country, the company would rank 30th in world economy. Can't they hire an outside source or actually pay someone to take care of their tanks!!!!!

Elodea

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
My Walmart has no fish (yay!). However, I must say that Walmart is a GREAT place to buy cheap aquarium kits.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Jrobber said:
Because of Walmarts total sales, if they were their own country, the company would rank 30th in world economy. Can't they hire an outside source or actually pay someone to take care of their tanks!!!!!
No, they might drop down to 31st

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Goldwing_Don said:
JMHO
Many time walmarts fish are diseased or unhealthy in other ways. In my opinion offering fish like that is not allowing us to enjoying the hobby it's taking advantage.
carol

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Depending on the Wal-mart the tank care and general health is about even with PetSmart... Not great but not the worst either....

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm glad they shut them down since they were being cared for poorly but It would be even better to see them change and take good care of them. I wonder where the fish are now?

ColumbianShark3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
FLGirl said:
I'm glad they shut them down since they were being cared for poorly but It would be even better to see them change and take good care of them. I wonder where the fish are now?
Last I had looked they only had a few so they probably just waited until they ran out then starting to shut things down

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine has slowly started its decline as well! They only had two tanks with fish in them and no bettas I was really excited

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Meenu said:
No, they might drop down to 31st
In that case they would fall behind Saudi Arabia which has the worlds largest oil field.

Yes, Walmart makes more money currently than the worlds biggest producer of oil. That amazes me.

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
ColumbianShark3 said:
Last I had looked they only had a few so they probably just waited until they ran out then starting to shut things down
That's good.

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Jrobber said:
In that case they would fall behind Saudi Arabia which has the worlds largest oil field.

Yes, Walmart makes more money currently than the worlds biggest producer of oil. That amazes me.
Really can't say that surprises me...
It takes me about $55/month to gas up my car. Grocery's are $120/month. If I but half my groceries at walmart I've already beaten the gas and I still haven't taken into account all of the other things you end up buying from wally. I mean, buy a couple shirts, a picture frame, a dvd and some airline tubing and you're over the gas bill.
Since you shop at wally because it's cheap I took the bus for the last 2+ years (didn't have a car in the city) so I wasn't paying gas money but was still paying wally.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom