Walmart-Great Bend Kansas

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHoffman

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Last night I went to the closet Walmart that sells fish (1 hour away from me) to get some ghost shrimp...Husband wants shrimp...lol..So when I got there I started looking for shrimp..They don't have any..I always do that..drive for no reason..So of course I start looking at other fish. It was awful....Dead fish at the bottom of at least 3 tanks..so I stop looking at the tanks and go over to the bettas which most were not looking ok with dirty cups. They have them on a rack type of thing over their sink...So I start looking at them and notice a awful smell...I look down and see 3 Betta cups in the sink I picked 1 up expecting the worse and it's a live Betta..Looks pretty heatlhy..So I put it on the rack.. Picked up the next one and it had been dead for quite awhile..Same with the 3rd cup..It was soooo sad..:'(..First off for that poor live Betta having to sit in a small sink looking at his dead buddies..What the heck..Secondly this was late at night and NOBODY was in the fish department..all the lights were off and I asked if their was somebody here for the fish dept and they said no. Why would you leave them in the sink over night..and with a live betta??...I was completly disguisted..I just left..Didn't even stop to complain..I figured I would call today and complain to the manager about who worked last night..LEaving dead fish in the tanks and in sinks along with live fish..

midnightwolf

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
i cant belive the conditions people leave their animals in

just yesterday i heard someone talking to someone in petco and they wanted to put a goldfish in a two gallon tank and when he said they needed 20 gallons the kid decided he wanted a lizard and his mom said yes! they didnt even plan what animal to get they just decided to pick out some random pet to take home!

unbelievable!!!

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
i cant belive the conditions people leave their animals in

just yesterday i heard someone talking to someone in petco and they wanted to put a goldfish in a two gallon tank and when he said they needed 20 gallons the kid decided he wanted a lizard and his mom said yes! they didnt even plan what animal to get they just decided to pick out some random pet to take home!

unbelievable!!!
At least they didn't sell him a goldfish and a 2g bowl!

I hate the way stores keep their bettas.

Follow up with phone calls and e-mails, that's what I did.
When I saw that the walmart stopped selling fish I about skipped out of the store! I was soooooo happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom