Walmart betta rescue

• Thread starter NMfishman
  • Start date

NMfishman

Well Known
I just wanted to tell you about the betta I rescued from walmart last friday. I would have posted about him sooner but I wasn't sure if he was going to make it cuz he looked like he was very close to death when I got him. I got him cuz he caught my eye from about 30 feet away. he is a bright orange like I have never seen before and all of his scales are outlined in black so it looks like he has a net on top of him. He is doing much better now and is happily swimming around his new tank! He ate the RCS I had in there with him tho so I am kinda mad at him about that lol.

Attachments

FLGirl

Well Known
He is GORGEOUS, Congrats! Wonderful photos, he looks very happy in his new home. Iv heard that bettas with that kind of scale coloring are often referred to as dragons. Now, I'm not 100% sure if that applies to him as I only just heard and found out about ''dragons'' recently. Either way hes gorgeous and I'm sure someone will come and confirm or correct.

Mekanah

Hello fellow New Mexican! That's a good find! I bet the lucky guy will color up even more with all that tlc.

lessiedo

Ah, great rescue, he is unique and looks to be enjoying his freedom.

Lisa

NMfishman

Well Known
Thanks Brook, I was kinda thinking he might be a dragon as well. I actually have 2 dragon bettas waiting for me at the post office that I got from harpua! lol went from no bettas to 3 in a week

Hey someone from New Mexico! lol you are the second person I have seen from here, not many fish keepers in NM I guess ;D what part are you from, I am in Tijeras in the Manzano mountains east of ABQ.
Thanks, he already has quite a bit from when I got him, but I think he will color up even more. I really try to spoil him with the expensive food!

Thans Lisa! He is enjoying it!

Akari_32

Fishlore Legend
Aw he's cute, NM! HI'm and Plutto should be freinds... from across the US... Ok, they can be Pen-Pals

Betta/Horse lover

Well Known
Hes cute

Mekanah

NM, I'm in the capitol, Santa Fe. You are the first I've seen on here from NM! I got my first fish about a month ago (a Betta), had no clue what I was doing and stumbled onto fishlore looking for help. This site has been great! Probably saved my fishy's life...

Anyway, congrats on the new addition!

NMfishman

Well Known
Akari_32 said:
Aw he's cute, NM! HI'm and Plutto should be freinds... from across the US... Ok, they can be Pen-Pals
thanks!
hahaha yeah! we could show them pics of each other and watch them flare at them

Mekanah said:
NM, I'm in the capitol, Santa Fe. You are the first I've seen on here from NM! I got my first fish about a month ago (a Betta), had no clue what I was doing and stumbled onto fishlore looking for help. This site has been great! Probably saved my fishy's life...

Anyway, congrats on the new addition!
Yeah I met one other a week ago, he lives in rio rancho. Are there any good LFS in Santa Fe? The ones in ABQ suck but I am going to check out this one in Rio Rancho on Friday, its called Riverside Aquarium, it looks nice but its an hour drive for us

I just got my other two bettas from Harpua, they are acclimating. I will start a new thread on them soon when I can get better pics!

Thanks Kelsey!

FLGirl

Well Known
NMfishman said:
Thanks Brook, I was kinda thinking he might be a dragon as well. I actually have 2 dragon bettas waiting for me at the post office that I got from harpua! lol went from no bettas to 3 in a week
Wow, awesome!! Now you have a trio of dragons. You have seriously been bitten by the betta bug! I'm sure he feels so much in heaven right now. Are you going to name him?

P.S. (RIP RCS)

Mekanah

NMfishman,
We used to have a great LFS called Petes Pets, but they closed last year. As far as I know its just Petco and Petsmart.. I've been meaning to check out what's in albuquerque but i'm trying to avoid pet stores for now because i'm sure I'll end up coming home with another tank and a betta. Already have two in just one month!

NMfishman

Well Known
FLGirl said:
Wow, awesome!! Now you have a trio of dragons. You have seriously been bitten by the betta bug! I'm sure he feels so much in heaven right now. Are you going to name him?

P.S. (RIP RCS)
lol I know I have been bitten ;D yep I am going to name him. Right now I am thinking of Flare or Flame, do you have any suggestions?

Mekanah said:
NMfishman,
We used to have a great LFS called Petes Pets, but they closed last year. As far as I know its just Petco and Petsmart.. I've been meaning to check out what's in albuquerque but i'm trying to avoid pet stores for now because i'm sure I'll end up coming home with another tank and a betta. Already have two in just one month!
Yeah I primarily go to petsmart. We have two LFS, One is Clarks and the other is Fins n critters I don't like either one really but Clarks is the better of the two IMO.
hahaha I know what you mean about the tanks!

I will get pics of the other 2 bettas tomorrow!

Chances

Nice find FISHMAN!

I'm in albuquerque, NM. I have found one in albuquerque that is pretty helpful. PM me and I'll get you some directions

Nice to see some fellow keepers out here.

NMfishman

Well Known
PM sent Chances! and Thanks!

FLGirl

Well Known
NMfishman said:
lol I know I have been bitten ;D yep I am going to name him. Right now I am thinking of Flare or Flame, do you have any suggestions?

lol ;D They are awesome fish! Look forward to seeing your others tomorrow.

Names sound good. Since you have the three you could go with some kind of theme like Flame, Ember.........or not.

azazelsfyre

Well Known
Purdy. I love him

Deeps

Nice coloring... He looks very happy in his new home.

shellbell4ever

Well Known
He's Gorgeous Congrats

JustFlareIt

Well Known
He's Beautiful! Great Rescue! You should name him Bonfire or BonPhyre

azazelsfyre

Well Known
Hey! Don't steal my almost-spelling of fyre >:p

cajunfiberco

Well Known
He's gorgeous But not a dragon

HenyG

Ore fyah

NMfishman

Well Known
Thanks everyone!
Sorry it took me so long but I finally got pics up of the other two bettas! I have just been really busy and then since saturday I have been really sick with some virus

For names I think I am going to go with Flame for this guy and then Fire and Ice for the other two. and I could spell it "Fyre" lol

Here is the other thread with the pics of the new bettas:

Top Bottom