Wal-Mart Betta

Fishface

Valued Member
Reaction score
Last night, I went to Wal-Mart on the way home from work and so the most awful loking, skinny, stress-striped, dark mud brown female betta with ragged-edged fins outlined in black - a sign of fin rot.

So I got her, named her Momo, put her in a heated, lit five gallon with caves and some extraneous plants. Put just a few crystals of salt in the water, some maracyn-2, and Atison's betta spa. And I (over)fed her Sera sinking microgran pellets and a pea treat.

Overnight, she turned red and purple and her fins turned irridescent.

CrAzY change!!!!

After she's fattened up I'm going to donate her to my locally owned (and very fine) fish store so she can find a good home with a hobbyist - I don't have enough room for any more bettas.

(OVERNIGHT CHANGE!! AWESOME!)

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Good save.

susitna-flower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder where the SPCA is . Even the best store here in my area keeps them in cups! What is there to do?

Land of the Midnight Sun 8)

voiceless_kat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is great!! Can't believe they can change that fast!! Way to go!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
great job saving her. i've found the females really gain color when they get into a happier place than the dirty cups. so many look dull & colorless in the store, but take them hope, care for them and BANG, she's living in color. she must've been so happy to be pampered and spoiled.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Um-- Pictures??? I wanna see her-- lol

Fishface

Valued Member
Reaction score
yes, I need to get a camera....

PrayforMojo

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That is great i was in a wal mart two months ago and rescued one myself. He is a very beautiful blue but you never would have guessed it in the store.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom