Waiting for Cory eggs to hatch any time!

Marlene327

I have 3 Peppered Coydoras in a 10 gallon with my cull shrimp and 4 guppies. They spawn alot but always eat their eggs.
Thursday they laid quite a few that stayed there.
I moved at least 10 to another 10 gallon with 4 gallons of water and put some almond leaves in.
I see about half may be viable, but all the ones, about 15, look healthy, no mold, in the original tank.
I also put almond leaves there for more hiding places.
I think all I have to worry about are the guppies eating them. Thinking of moving the guppies to another tank in the morning.
Can't wait to see if eggs have hatched! These parents came from eggs I saved, too. Hopefully being siblings won't make young ones with problems?

Getting excited!!

BigManAquatics

I wouldn't worry overly much about the sibling thing, is quite common in the aquarium world. Good luck with the fry that hatch!

Marlene327

Had at least 15 eggs hatch in the 10 gallon tank with the shrimp and 3 guppies. I haven't seen them, they came out through the night. I had some out-patient surgery today and hopefully tomorrow I can move the guppies into another tank. Then in the other 10 gallon I put 10-15 eggs in, I just lifted the almond leaf and a few went scattering around, unknown number. That's a bare bottom tank. Once I move the guppies, I'll put them into the shrimp tank with a baster. I'm used to guppy fry, it always amazes me how tiny cory fry are, and how fast they hatch! I hope there's a good survival rate. When I kept them all in one tank last time, they did terribly for me. I doubt I'll see them now til they're a month old and can be seen.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NanaT
Replies
Views
Carolyn Johnson
Replies
Views
Marlene327
Replies
Views