Wait 24 Hours, Add Fish?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by McFly, Apr 21, 2019.

1. McFlyValued MemberMember

As I was browsing Amazon for stuff I don't really need, I came across an
    Aqueon 10 Gallon Starter Set. It just totally blew my mind that in the
    product description the manufacturer would say:

"Wait 24 hrs, add Fish

Purchase your favorite fish! Place the sealed bag with the fish inside the aquarium for at least 20 minutes to allow them to get used to the water temperature. Then, release them into the tank by gently scooping them out of the bag with the fish net. It is important not to add more than a few fish at one time or overload the aquarium with fish."

Kinda disheartening that people are potentially being set up to fail, by the industry itself.
    With the right fish, a fish in cycle may work, but the instructions here are so vague.... Sad.

It's little wonder so many new aquarists end up here looking for help.

https://www.amazon.com/Aqueon-Fish-...s=gateway&sprefix=aqueon+10+ga,aps,184&sr=8-3

2. AJEFishlore VIPMember

But remember, you can only keep 10 1” fish

3. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Or 1 10" fish

4. david1978Fishlore LegendMember

I want an Oscar so I need a 15 gallon kit.

5. toosieFishlore VIPMember

Unfortunately, people only want to hear what they want to hear, and manufacturers know it. Most people don't want to hear "buy a tank now, and in 6 weeks or so, if you do things right, you can come back and buy a fish", or "sure, buy 2 or three of these hardy fish right now, and do water changes every day or every second day for 6 weeks or so, then come back and get 2 or 3 more fish". Its only meanies like us on a forum that could stoop to such levels.