• lanata

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other- explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I never answered to that post, but have been reading it and keeeping up with it. She is such a sweet little cat. I wish I had a cat, but my sister is alergic so we can't.

I like the name Angeline.

Gwenz

david

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi butterfly im not being mean,but why dont you call it stumpy.. just the fact that it has no tail,that name would suit it perfectly.. or stimpy from the cartoon (ren and stimpy).. :

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I understand David I couldn't think of anything good thats why I asked for sugestions for a week
After two weeks of good food and care my husband is leaning toward devil cat , she has definately gotten her energy back. she will be mischievious and then go love all over him. It's so funny to watch LOL
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It's either Sweetie, Sweetheart, or Mia for me I know Stumpy fits the cat more since it has no tail, but this lack of tail reminds me of the event when someone cut it off and was being mean and cruel to the cat, so I'd rather name it something else. Something that does not remind me of the lost tail. And she's so sweet that I'd rather name her Sweetie (and I like Mia as well ).

Buzz

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope I have not missed the boat as usual  :-\, but here is an interesting link that you might like to check out listing some Finnish godesses and a little bit of cat mythology...

Circe is also a nice greek name...(of a radical feminist goddess) ;D

And here is a link to some Egyptian names (Isis is nice)
http://www.egyptianmyths.net/section-deities.htm

Best o'luck
Buzz

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Just a few more days until the kitty has a name Here she is helping me post. buzz those were really cool websites, Thank You!
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
AAAWWWWWW .... she's too cute! LOL, I LOVE HER! It's a definite SWEETHEART! Though Mia is winning (and I do like the name equally well.)

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks everyone for voting. My new kitty is officially named Mia!!! She even seems to like the name
Carol

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
YAY!!! Mia is such a beautiful name for a beautiful kitty!
Welcome little Mia! I hope to hear more of you in the future!

Sara

LilaBean

Valued Member
Reaction score
you will have to keep us updated with pics as she grows up!! she's so cute-- wouldn't mind more kitten pics either!!! LILA

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes Isabella she is staying with us. As soon as she gets a little older and a little more weight she will be spayed and be an inside cat.
Carol

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love the name and just happened to vote for it too. I think she is a darling little thing. Maybe between you and Isabella you can let me live vicariously through your kitties. Mine around here are all wild and won't let me near them and I am a little afraid of them as they are mean. I just put the food and water out and watch through the window and then they leave.

Rose

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
LOL Rose If you catch or adopt a very small kitten, it won't scratch but it will be completely pliable and dependent upon you. If you raised it, you'd have a kitty that would love you

As for fear of being scratched, this is something - I suppose - one must overcome through frequent contact with cats, even the not-so-nice ones. I've been scratched so many times by my cats (usually as a result of playing with them) that I got used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore. I could try and touch a wild cat even if it were to scratch me. It's only a fear that can be overcome

My father's friend has a huge dog, a Great Dane - you do know how large and heavy they are, right? (up to 120 lbs.) When they stand on their hind legs, they're as tall as a human being, even taller than many people (not kidding). So, my dad's friend knew this man who always boasted that "he's not afraid of even the biggest of dogs" and that "he could easily put any dog down". He actually was a dog trainer. And one time my dad's friend took his dog to see this man. He told the dog to attack the man. So the dog run like wild toward the man ... and guess what? The man grounded the dog with as little as two moves! I think it proves that it's all in the mind (with regards to fear of a particular animal). Besides, animals can sense fear in humans - and the more afraid you are, the more likely they're to attack you.

P.S. If you think the Great Dane is heavy, check the weight of St. Bernard: up to 200 lbs. !!!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Rose if you have somewhere you could sit for a few minutes after you feed them they will get used to you being there and come out to eat.At least you would get to see them close up.
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom