Vishaquatics(koiman) Interview

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They're beautiful fish for sure, but definitely not for everyone. I really should be called "Plantman", but I originally named myself Koiman because I had (at the time) acquired two baby koi and couldn't think of any other name.

how long have you been keeping aquatic plants?
I've been keeping aquatic plants since I was around 6 or 7 years old. Had my first aquarium at 5 years old and got into aquatic plants a few years later. My parents originally got me a fish tank since I wanted a dog, but a fish was all they were willing to get. Little did they know they had sparked my multiple tank syndrome I've been keeping aquatic plants now for around 10-11 years or so.

Bryangar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
They're beautiful fish for sure, but definitely not for everyone. I really should be called "Plantman", but I originally named myself Koiman because I had (at the time) acquired two baby koi and couldn't think of any other name.

I've been keeping aquatic plants since I was around 6 or 7 years old. Had my first aquarium at 5 years old and got into aquatic plants a few years later. My parents originally got me a fish tank since I wanted a dog, but a fish was all they were willing to get. Little did they know they had sparked my multiple tank syndrome I've been keeping aquatic plants now for around 10-11 years or so.
So you’re not old?

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What is the most challenging plant that you have successfully grown, or have attempted to grow? Mine is Mermaid Weed..kind of a particular picky plant...kinda spoiled rotten growth attitude! lol

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What is the most challenging plant that you have successfully grown, or have attempted to grow? Mine is Mermaid Weed..kind of a particular picky plant...kinda spoiled rotten growth attitude! lol
Most likely rotala wallichii is the hardest I’ve grown successfully. I don’t really do many high tech plants since I can’t sell as much of it. I only grow Lowtech plants that I can propagate quickly to sell.

I haven’t tried mermaid weed yet but it’s definitely on my wish list

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fir me it was a tried and true test. It melted within only a day or two from transition, but after a while it was raly tough. About a 9 on a scale of 1-10...ooof...aaand my keyboard is messing up again here... (typos galore...!) ...the CO2 needed adjustment...high lighting and it really seemed to crave calcum, but opted not to Equilibrium or anything, as my water was already hard enough!

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What type of cereal?
Probably cinnamon toast crunch.

Fir me it was a tried and true test. It melted within only a day or two from transition, but after a while it was raly tough. About a 9 on a scale of 1-10...ooof...aaand my keyboard is messing up again here... (typos galore...!) ...the CO2 needed adjustment...high lighting and it really seemed to crave calcum, but opted not to Equilibrium or anything, as my water was already hard enough!
Interesting to know, thank you for the tips! I never realized it was so hard to grow.

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
do you currently own any fish or tanks (not ponds/tubs)? do you have any photos???

LOL i assumed he was maybe in his 30s
No, I used to have one indoor tank as of a few days ago, but I tore it down since it was getting neglected and were only used for growing floaters and breeding ramshorn snails.

Of course! I was really scared you were going to say milk first for a second. Favorite movie?
Favorite movie would likely be Black Panther

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
what were your favourite fish you kept (besides koi)?

and what are your favourite low tech plants that take up lots of room? i need some plant suggestions for a 7gal lol

sorry about all the questions haha

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
what were your favourite fish you kept (besides koi)?

and what are your favourite low tech plants that take up lots of room? i need some plant suggestions for a 7gal lol

sorry about all the questions haha
My all time favorite fish is quite boring, just a plain old guppy and/or guppy endler hybrid. They’re just super colorful, hardy, tolerant and they are like little puppies as well since they’re so willing to come up to the hand. They’re the only fish that I have that can truly thrive in high CO2 levels and they eat everything from mosquito larvae to blanched cucumbers.

My favorite bulky Lowtech plants include amazon swords, Broadleaf Water Sprite (probably my favorite bigger Lowtech Plant that grows to size of tank), Hygrophila Corymbosa, cardamine lyrata, and Brazilian pennywort. These plants take up quite a bit of room. Also crypt wendtii bushes take up quick a lot of room as well.

Please ask as many questions as you’d like! I’m happy to answer anything

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 3 23.1%

Top Bottom