Vishaquatics FAQ

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi FishLore,

I wanted to address some common questions that I get asked quite often.

Q: When you advertise a plant package, are the plants already harvested?
A: For every single order that I fulfill, the plants are only harvested a couple of hours before they are shipped. I do not harvest plants before I've created an order as it reduces the freshness of the specimens. Additionally, I do not pre-harvest because it will reduce the flexibility I have with creating the plant packages. When you place an order for Vishaquatics, you will be getting plants harvested specifically for your order.

Q: Do I need a heat pack with my order?
A: I have never shipped plants with heat packs and they've all arrived fine in transit, even in areas that are below freezing (as low as 10F). The reason why I do not use heat packs is because they provide a very concentrated heat source that has the potential to rot the plants. Additionally, there is not much of a need to use a heat pack because the package will spend the majority of its transit sitting in a heated office or in the back of a heated truck. The only time that the plants will truly be exposed to the elements is when it sits out on the doorstep or in the mailbox. In extreme weather, bringing the plants inside ASAP is recommended for the best possible results.

Q: Do your plants have snails on them?
A: I do my best to pick off snails or eggs that I find on my plants when packing them for shipping, but I cannot guarantee your plants will be snail free. I have ramshorn and bladder snails. I can guarantee that your plants will be free of algae and insects.

Q: Do you treat your plants with algaecides or pesticides?
A:I do not treat any of my plants with any sort of algaecide or pesticide. The plants are entirely algae and pest free through optimizing my growing system and by incorporating natural predators into the system. All plants are 100% safe for fish, shrimp, and snails.

Q: Do you carry any moss?
A: I will have spiky moss in stock soon. It is a much more attractive version of java and it is comparable to Christmas moss. It is just as easy to grow as java moss. It will likely be available in January since it takes a while to grow moss submerged.

Q: What days do you ship packages on?
A: All packages are shipped on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturday. I will not ship Sunday because the PO is closed, and I will not ship on Thursday or Friday because your package has a higher chance of arriving near your location and then sitting in an office until it can be delivered on a work day.

Thank you for reading! Please leave me questions that you may have below and I will do my best to answer them.

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Ive asked this before and you answered for me, but for other people... (i know the answer)

Do you ship outside of USA?

(Envious Canadian here)

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
MissNoodle said:
Ive asked this before and you answered for me, but for other people... (i know the answer)

Do you ship outside of USA?

(Envious Canadian here)
That's a great question! I definitely should've included that in my FAQ.

Unfortunately, as you know, I cannot ship to Canada because of the phytosanitary certification that is required. Getting the licensing for a shipment would likely cost more than the actual shipment itself.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom