Vinyl Background

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Dayne Clarke, Apr 13, 2017.

1. D

Dayne Clarke New Member Member

Recently purchased a Thin blue line flag and am planning on putting it inside the back glass. What's everyone's feedback and concerns?
    Thanks

I failed to mention a vinyl flag not a standard Flag hahaha

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2017
  2. RedLoredAmazon

RedLoredAmazon Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore! Glad that you are here!

Just saw your updated post. I still wouldn't put it on the inside of your glass. I would recommend putting it on the outside. I say this for a couple of reasons: 1. for cleaning practicality, it will be very difficult to keep your flag clean and keep the glass clean too 2. it may leach chemicals that could make your fish sick. If you don't want to attach it to the outside back of you tank, then I would say painting the exterior may be an option that you should look into. I haven't done it myself, but several members here have painted the back exterior of their tank. :)

3. OP
    OP
    D

I currently do have the outside painted with acrylic paint and thought about taking off a section of it, laying the decal and repainting over it. Probably what I'll do I just really don't want distortion. Thank you for your input Red

4. RedLoredAmazon

RedLoredAmazon Well Known Member Member

No problem! :) I looked up the flag you bought and I think that will be a lovely design to honor those that serve us in our communities! :)

5. OP
    OP
    D

That's the hope. I appreciate your response.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice