Viks 45g

1. t

thetrugame Member Member

So I decided to change my aqua scape and do a different style of reef tank then I have ever seen. I have removed all of the big bulky rock and replaced that with branch rock. I am doing a torch coral dominated reef. I added 1L of pond matrix a month ago to help keep any sorta of cycle to a minimum. Wife likes zoas and mushrooms so I gotta have some to keep her happy lol . I'll try and update regularly on the progress. Let me what you think I'll post a before and after pics. Alot of more work needs to be done. also phone has a awful camera IMG_20180405_191404.jpg IMG_20180607_154811.jpg IMG_20180607_154800.jpg IMG_20180607_154625.jpg

2. stella1979

stella1979 Fishlore VIP Member

Dang but you've got euphyllia for days! :D They tank looks great, and that makes me so happy because I haven't seen you around for a bit. Good to know things have been going well. :) I agree with the wife and think the lower rocks will look great covered up in shrooms and zoas. Your scape is unusual and very exciting. Care to share future plans?

3. OP
    OP
    t

thetrugame Member Member

Future plans are to add more torch corals lol. I have 3 different hammer corals in the middle. One has 9 heads the other two have 5 and 4 heads. I don't want them anymore but, only to add more branch coral in the middle for more torches. Also want to add a Duncan coral because the wife likes movement they bring. I upgraded to a gyre power head but it's hard getting the flow correct. Some open up with the heavy flow others need a calmer flow. Got the wife to order some zoas for Father's day so I'll update soon. Reef a poloza is comming to NJ in a few weeks so hopefully I'll get good deals and make new connections.

4. stella1979

stella1979 Fishlore VIP Member

That's awesome that you're going to RAP NY. @Nart and @Lchi87 will be there too! :D