Video of my Pleco Tank

Daveweiser

Hey I'm still new to the forums so hI lol Been looking around here for a while so I thought I would post a vid of my pleco tank
Near the end of the video my 2nd smallest pleco gets anoyed at me being near the glass!
When they get to big I will rehome them

djsmiley2k

Very cool..... what size tank is it?

Also what kinds of plecos do you have? The patterned ones look like my BN but without the bristles?

e_watson09

Cool tank! I love plecos. Sadly this is the first time in fishkeeping that I do not currently own one. I had one for years! He just passed. I should be getting a new guy monday.

hart0162

Aren't plecos really territorial? I've heard it's a terrible idea to put more than 1 in any tank because they'll eventually kill eachother.

e_watson09

Aren't plecos really territorial? I've heard it's a terrible idea to put more than 1 in any tank because they'll eventually kill eachother.

They *can* be but generally if you have a larger tank and plenty of room to get away they should be fine.

Daveweiser

They can be but ive had luck by not giving them caves to fight over and having a small pleco in the tank seems to calm down the biggers ones!

djsmiley2k
120 liter
The pleco with the damaged fin is a leopard pleco I think the others are just comon plecos but I'm not sure can anyone identify them? the leopard was being beaten up by a large synodontis who had tawn all of the plecos fins so I had to save it!

Paigee

I hope you have some super fantastic filtration on that bad boy, all the fish you have in there are tank busters! And 30G/120L is quite small for 5 tank busters (the 4 plecos and an oscar)

D_C_1

I agree with Paige, I wouldn't keep any of those fish in that tank, they all get too big.

ppate1977

I like the substrate's different levels. I am a huge Oscar fan too, your's has an interesting oloration. Almost all black and grey with very little orange!

e_watson09

I agree with Paige, I wouldn't keep any of those fish in that tank, they all get too big.

Wow could have fooled me I completely thought that tank looked MUCH larger. I didn't even think to look at the numbers

psalm18.2

I think it's funny how the oscar pushes one pleco away into hiding in the purple plant, but cozies up to the other one. Guess oscar has a pall. I was going to suggest hiding spots, but you purposely don't have them. Interesting.

Daveweiser

The tank has very good filtration and needs it! I have one large canister that came with the tank and I also have a second ehiem canister that has ran non stop for the best part of 8-10 years! they are very well made, I clean one of the pumps every 2 months and seems to keep a good balance.
I understand that all of these fish get very large and when they get to big I rehome and replace them, I have kept many differnt plecos in this tank before.
My oscar is still young and is mostly black for some reason but goes very colourful when angry, he is also very good friends with the clown loach and the most active pleco.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
courtneylm
Replies
Views
Fisch
Replies
Views
Pescado_Verde
Replies