Video Of Different Endler Color Morphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I came across this video of different Endler color morphs and found it very pleasant to look through. So many colors and patterns--it's very exciting. The mispellings at the start are annoying, but I managed to keep my OCD under control. Enjoy!

Ooh, and here's a gorgeous Black Obsidian Endler for your viewing enjoyment!

And Turquoise!

Last edited by a moderator:

bgclarke

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Some interesting colours among those.

Now that our last guppy has passed, planning on getting some different endlers from what I already have.

I missed out on getting a breeding pair of N-class endlers recently.

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Some interesting colours among those.

Now that our last guppy has passed, planning on getting some different endlers from what I already have.

I missed out on getting a breeding pair of N-class endlers recently.
What color N class are you trying to get?

I just can't stop collecting more and more colors. My poor husband. I haven't told him yet, but I'm going to borrow his car tomorrow (my battery died and have to wait till Tuesday for a new one) to pick up 3 new-to-me tanks on a custom stand with sponge filters. Ack! I'm an addict, what can I say? But no foul, no harm, right?

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
And more! My husband refers to this as "fish ****" and likened it to "food ****." As I told him, these fish are real. Food **** consists of making food look perfect, which it rarely does. I love to cook, but I'm more concerned about flavor than presentation (hey, I'm a stay-at-home mom, so it's either my cooking or frozen pizza :0). But check out these Ruby and Aquamarine Endlers. They're so tough, they breed at 58 F!

Blond multicolor Endlers that were kept outside in a pond. They make me think of Monet!

KinsKicks

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Omg these are absolutely gorgeous!!! They're like little swimming rainbows and paintings XD. Soooo jealous!

bgclarke

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
What color N class are you trying to get?
Honestly I don't recall the colours, I just wanted some N-class endlers.

I had been waiting months for them to come in from a breeder in Southern Ontario, but when they did I wasn't set up to deal with a breeding pair.

I just can't stop collecting more and more colors. My poor husband. I haven't told him yet, but I'm going to borrow his car tomorrow (my battery died and have to wait till Tuesday for a new one) to pick up 3 new-to-me tanks on a custom stand with sponge filters. Ack! I'm an addict, what can I say? But no foul, no harm, right?
I know all about that.

I keep saying no more tanks, then....

I bought a new 10 gallon tank to put assassin snails in and a 9 gallon Fluval Flex on boxing day.

Our last guppy passed away the next day (not getting any more), freeing up another 10, plus I have another new 10 gallon in the basement waiting for use once I get another dual stand.

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Honestly I don't recall the colours, I just wanted some N-class endlers.

I had been waiting months for them to come in from a breeder in Southern Ontario, but when they did I wasn't set up to deal with a breeding pair.

I know all about that.

I keep saying no more tanks, then....

I bought a new 10 gallon tank to put assassin snails in and a 9 gallon Fluval Flex on boxing day.

Our last guppy passed away the next day (not getting any more), freeing up another 10, plus I have another new 10 gallon in the basement waiting for use once I get another dual stand.
I tried doing 10 gallons only, but that hasn't really worked out with Endlers, so I'm now in the middle of getting rid of all my 10's and having only 20's and 29's. My hubby is so easy-going, but he's starting to get a bit alarmed

bgclarke

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I planned on going bigger but ended up selling the 29 gallon tank I bought, as it would have meant tearing down a tank that was successfully breeding panda cories and I didn't want to mess that up.

For now it's mostly 10 gallon tanks and nano fish.

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I planned on going bigger but ended up selling the 29 gallon tank I bought, as it would have meant tearing down a tank that was successfully breeding panda cories and I didn't want to mess that up.

For now it's mostly 10 gallon tanks and nano fish.
Ooh, you've been breeding panda cories? That's fantastic! I was never able to save cory eggs successfully. The one time I managed to scrape some up before they were feasted on, it turned out that they hadn't been fertilized. Sigh. Well, you could keep some Endler males in a 10 gallon. I've been known to stuff 20 or more in a 10 and get away with it. The main thing, in that case, after keeping the water parameters good, is to cover the top very well and put mesh over the filter return as they're apt to jump right in, desperately searching for girls. I've had that happen too many times :0

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
And more! My husband refers to this as "fish ****" and likened it to "food ****." As I told him, these fish are real. Food **** consists of making food look perfect, which it rarely does. I love to cook, but I'm more concerned about flavor than presentation (hey, I'm a stay-at-home mom, so it's either my cooking or frozen pizza :0). But check out these Ruby and Aquamarine Endlers. They're so tough, they breed at 58 F!
When I look at this vid, those are actually red chest endlers. I love them! They were the third endler strain I've ever kept. I still have them, btw...

Blond multicolor Endlers that were kept outside in a pond. They make me think of Monet!
In these specimens there's influence of tuxedo endlers. That's very clear. In my mutt tank there are also certain male specimens which look like that and they're mixed with tuxedo endlers. But also in this vid, I do see the tuxedo influence very clearly. Very beautiful!

And Turquoise!
Also the males in this vid has got tuxedo influence. Even with the silver chest. I've got those too. I love most variations of tuxedo endlers...
There's a black line on its head but some also are total silver on the chest. Overhere we call them tuxedo silver chest for it's still a tuxedo endler.
DSCF9826a.jpg

DSCF9816.JPG

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Also the males in this vid has got tuxedo influence. Even with the silver chest. I've got those too. I love most variations of tuxedo endlers...
There's a black line on its head but some also are total silver on the chest. Overhere we call them tuxedo silver chest for it's still a tuxedo endler.
View attachment 393165
View attachment 393164
So gorgeous! I never get tired of looking at your Endlers! I have some funky tuxedo Endler mutts, but none like these.

endlercollector

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Most of my endlers seem to be a variation of black bar endlers.
That's what I started out with, too, comma bars, actually, although there were also lime green and peacocks mixed in. Now, I've got one tank that's very heterogenous--there are comma bars, orange lines (at least, that's what I'm calling them), lime green, and an odd almost white metallic blue with black markings that's quite cool. The sizes are all over the place in that tank--some very tiny boys and others that are nearly an inch. No peacocks in there, however, so I'm thinking of adding some of those in when I get a large enough peacock population. Another tank is made up of comma bars, and then separately I have some that were sold to me as red spot--they have black commas but no bars, just large red spots, but not a solid red chest. So much fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom