Video: Mostly Red Male In My Blue Star Endler Tank

1. endlercollector

endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

So a young male in my Blue Star Endler tank is looking mostly red. He appears towards the end of the video. Sorry for the blurriness--it's so hard to focus on these little guys!

2. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

Are you okay with something like coming out of your blue star strain? Kinda wish my blue stars would produce something like that.

3. OP
    OP
    endlercollector

Yes, actually, I'm wondering if I should line breed him, but of course that depends on whether or not he's very cute and healthy. But then again, I really don't have the tank space for line breeding. I keep ending up with more tanks when I really need to get rid of some fish :0

4. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

You should line breed him! And send me some fry... :D

5. OP
    OP
    endlercollector

2 more have popped up that are mostly red! I was playing with names--Red Star Endlers, then Martian Endlers, but I really don't have space for more tanks to line breed. I'm at 21 tanks at the moment :0 because I can't get myself to euthanize the hybrids that I got stuck with from people who thought they had Endlers...

6. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

Toss a larger cichlid in the hybrid tank and look away from 15 minutes?

7. OP
    OP
    endlercollector

I keep offering then to cichlid keepers I know around here, but they tell me they don't feed them live food to keep them from getting too aggressive :0

8. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

I mean i have an angel that ate a 3/4 inch guppy in one bite and it is the shyest angel i have, even my pint size green giants have more attitude than this fish. I think my snails are more aggressive than this angel lol. (Yet it took about 1/4 second too shoot from the bottom of the tank to eat this smaller deformed gup -it got caught on something and had a bent spine as a result, i culled it rather than worrying about it possibly breeding). Find someone with some big goldies and be like, "they go great together" "oh you found tiny bit of hybrid left the next morning, they must have just combusted!".