Very sick betta

fishlife9

My betta twitches and spasms out his body when he tries to swim. He is either in his floating log all day or will be at the bottom like this. I don’t know what to do anymore his water is clean. I gave him a new tank like 2 weeks ago because of a snail infestion but he has been sick like this for months now. He will still try to eat when i feed him when hes up top. I just topped his water off since it was getting a little low and then put some stress coat in it and he went to the bottom like this.

Attachments

• F27CEC44-524E-418D-8FF6-EE9B9C5D91CB.jpeg
    F27CEC44-524E-418D-8FF6-EE9B9C5D91CB.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 40

Rose of Sharon

Hi,

What a pretty betta! Sorry to see your poor boy looking like that!

Usually bent spines mean either scoliosis or maybe fish tb, if it is not a reaction to a water issue.

If he has been like that for a while, it won't be due to any type of water problem (ph issue or temperature issue).

If it is scoliosis, there really isn't anything that you can do other than make him comfortable. If he has trouble swimming, then lower the water level. You can also give him something to lay on closer to the top of the tank, like a betta leaf, or a tall live plant, if you don't have any already.

If it is fish tb, then that is very serious. Fish that have this disease do not get better. Fish tb is, unfortunately, one of those diseases that affect bettas.

Not trying to promote myself or anything, but I did post an article titled wasting disease/fish tb, in case you want to give it a read and see if that sounds like the symptoms that your guy is showing.

I went through a bout with this with my bettas, so I did a lot of research on the subject.

Sending good thoughts your way!!!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BeginnerFishKeeper1
Replies
Views
Ouse
Replies
Views
KatieDid
Replies