Very Sick Betta.......help!!!

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
kellycorder said:
My betta has this white hole on his side and nothing works...here is a picture.....

can anyone help??View attachment 437097
Welcome to fishlore! Looks like a fungus that has been there for awhile.... When did you discover this? Whats the water levels? What size of tank and is there a filter and heater? I suggest daily water changes to keep it clean but looks to be to far in.

kellycorder

Reaction score
It's been there about a month. I use stuff to make the water safe. He's in a 5 gallon and there is a filter and heater.

kellycorder said:
It's been there about a month. I use stuff to make the water safe. He's in a 5 gallon and there is a filter and heater.
He's in Methaline Blue right now and it actually looks better

ljg said:
Betta fix might help. Is it in a tank with any other fish?
No he's in a 5 gallon alone

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
kellycorder said:

He's in Methaline Blue right now and it actually looks better

No he's in a 5 gallon alone
Id just suggest %75 water changes daily. Next time please tell us if something is wrong instead of waiting for a month. This fungus is so well developed its hard to say if he will make it.

ljg

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have a betta fish and I used bettafix to help him and he is doing much better. And technically, any medication can be deadly for the fish.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
ljg said:
I have a betta fish and I used bettafix to help him and he is doing much better. And technically, any medication can be deadly for the fish.
Sure, but most medications don't have a type of oil known to suffocate bettas.
Edit: That being said, you're going to need a strong antifungal, but I'm going to need more information, because it looks fungal but I'm not sure... CanadianFishFan is more experienced than I am though. That being said, can you please tell us the tank size? And did you dose methylene blue in the main tank? At what dose? Not a bad one to go to, and it's safe for bettas, but it can be used incorrectly.
Also, does it look fuzzy or slimy?

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would do daily water changes and daily methylene blue baths to help clear the infection - you can apply methylene blue directly to the injury but you have to be careful with it doing it that way.
It looks like he got caught on something and it got infected, the good thing is this is one of the easier things with betta disease to combat.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom