Very Sad... Tempature Shock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobydoozy

Reaction score
Today, I tested my water, and found I had a bump in ammonia, just 0.25, which I hate those test tubes because I swear they are off, and I'm seeing a little green, but its probably just yellow.

Well, I went ahead and did a 50% water change, when filling I was sure I was putting in 75-80 degree water.. Turns out I wasn't, and when I woke up from my daily nap nearly all my rummy-nose tetras were dead or about to die. It appears my Roseline sharks, and Tiger barbs will survive. However out of 16 rummy nose tetras, I now have 3...

It doesn't pay to be lazy... Temperature shock is real.

OP
scoobydoozy

scoobydoozy

Reaction score
are you sure it was temp shock?
I know it was because when I was filling and taking the siphon out I felt the water and was like oh **** what temp is this, checked and I had been filling it with below 60 degree water. I've done another water test, and all the parameters are perfect, my water has since gone back to normal temp or closer to the normal temp. And my fish seem fine however my tetras are still lethargic, but everything else seems like the fish are recovering.

I left them alone thinking they would be okay, but obviously that wasn't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom