Very Pregnant Molly Fishes

HarleyQuinn2

I have 1 very pregnant Molly that can’t really swim. She just kind of sits there and swimming seems difficult for her. Is she going to birth over night?
AAAF04A0-37A9-46C1-BE83-93A1586290B8.jpeg

Silverleaf209

I have 1 very pregnant Molly that can’t really swim. She just kind of sits there and swimming seems difficult for her. Is she going to birth over night?
AAAF04A0-37A9-46C1-BE83-93A1586290B8.jpeg
How long ago did she start having trouble/ not wanting to swim?

dcutl002

She will probably give birth soon. I would put some plants in the breeder so the babies can hide because the mother may eat them. When she is done giving birth I would promptly remove her.

HarleyQuinn2

How long ago did she start having trouble/ not wanting to swim?
I’m not sure, I just got them today.

She will probably give birth soon. I would put some plants in the breeder so the babies can hide because the mother may eat them. When she is done giving birth I would promptly remove her.
i will def keep an eye out! Thank you!

Silverleaf209

I’m not sure, I just got them today.

i will def keep an eye out! Thank you!
Really? Wow you must be very prepared! I agree with the statement that she will have them soon.

HarleyQuinn2

9 live babies and 4 dead. Not from the female based on this thread. I’m concerned that one has dropsy :(. I can’t tell though.

Attachments

• E113BCE7-602F-4966-AB24-6F65709D5B44.jpeg
    E113BCE7-602F-4966-AB24-6F65709D5B44.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 2

Voyage

9 live babies and 4 dead. Not from the female based on this thread. I’m concerned that one has dropsy :(. I can’t tell though.
Oh thats unfortunate :( Good luck with the fry!

HarleyQuinn2

Oh thats unfortunate :( Good luck with the fry!
Do you know how to treat for dropsy? If so is it safe for if she was pregnant?

HarleyQuinn2

Update: All but 1 fry has died, I’ve checked the water and it’s all good. Even started putting a lil salt in with the girl that I think has dropsy. Is it something I’m doing wrong? Maybe it’s just inbreeding? Maybe… IDK :(. I’m afraid the last survivor will be dead by morning too. Btw here’s my new tank

Attachments

• B44F4429-43EC-4265-9AA6-8C0F04EAFE95.jpeg
    B44F4429-43EC-4265-9AA6-8C0F04EAFE95.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 4

Voyage

Is it something I’m doing wrong?
I dont think so, It happens sometimes
I’m afraid the last survivor will be dead by morning too. Btw here’s my new tank
Good luck! :)

HarleyQuinn2

I dont think so, It happens sometimes

Good luck! :)
Thank you!! I thought maybe a bubbler?! However I was told no it’s not the case, so didn’t buy one. Idk but I hope I get some healthy babies next time. I bought a calico Molly which happens to be male and a catfish

HarleyQuinn2

Update: All babies did die, I checked the water balance and everything was perfect (shockingly!) I’m not sure what happened, but hoping next babies will be ok. I have been treating the girl with dropsy and she is now at least swimming, all though she does need breaks.

Voyage

Update: All babies did die, I checked the water balance and everything was perfect (shockingly!) I’m not sure what happened, but hoping next babies will be ok. I have been treating the girl with dropsy and she is now at least swimming, all though she does need breaks.
Oh, well, thats sad :( Its unfortunate, but Id think it must happen to everyone.

HarleyQuinn2

Oh, well, thats sad :( Its unfortunate, but Id think it must happen to everyone.
I’m wondering if maybe it’s due to inbreeding? Idk, but had more babies born. 13-15 alive and a few dead. I think 1 is dying though. However they look way more livelier then the last.
Also I got some meds for the girl with dropsy/swimmer bladder and she is really starting to progress. She’s still very big, but not as big and getting around a lot easier.

Attachments

• C7A824D8-9B47-477D-B88C-52DF4B0B7C53.jpeg
    C7A824D8-9B47-477D-B88C-52DF4B0B7C53.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 3

Voyage

I’m wondering if maybe it’s due to inbreeding? Idk, but had more babies born. 13-15 alive and a few dead. I think 1 is dying though. However they look way more livelier then the last.
Also I got some meds for the girl with dropsy/swimmer bladder and she is really starting to progress. She’s still very big, but not as big and getting around a lot easier.
Maybe, im not an expert so I dont know for sure. Thats great! I hope they survive!

HarleyQuinn2

Maybe, im not an expert so I dont know for sure. Thats great! I hope they survive!
Thank you! I lost 2, but others still going very strong

Voyage

Thank you! I lost 2, but others still going very strong
Lets hope they stay that way! :)
How big is your tank, this is making me kinda want to get mollies...
:D

qldmick

Your first lot look born prematurely, probably from the stress of moving.
Better luck with our future fry.

HarleyQuinn2

Lets hope they stay that way! :)
How big is your tank, this is making me kinda want to get mollies...
:D
30 gal but I have other smaller tanks too. So far all are alive!!
Your first lot look born prematurely, probably from the stress of moving.
Better luck with our future fry.
Thank You!!
My girl who I believe has dropsy or swimmers bladder.. She’s swimming now, but not much of any difference. Is she going to get better or? It’s day 5 of treatment

Attachments

• A3A2C82C-D091-46FD-9A95-6725BCFBB9A9.jpeg
    A3A2C82C-D091-46FD-9A95-6725BCFBB9A9.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 1

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
fishbreeeder
Replies
Views
carol anders
Replies
Views
hacksgirls

Did You Know...

Thank you to everyone that shares or links to the threads and articles on FishLore!

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom