Very Nice, but Usual?

1. B

Bettaguy17 Valued Member Member

So i was on youtube looking at fish :) haha and i come across this lovely looking tank: 11 gallons, awsome decor and plants, extremely colorful and bueatiful fish... however, until i read the info... I was a little turned off.. How to do you fit 49 fish in an 11 Gallon? A wee-bit overstocked. See for yourself
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0PDyBM__Rc lol

2. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Overstocked and all the wrong fish for a tank that small. :(

3. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

Not just wrong fish but all incompatible, too. I see a goldie with a bunch of platies...and holy moly is that a clown loach? Typical youtube things. I don't look up fish on youtube anymore...depressing...

4. B

Borisbbadd Guest

Overstocked is putting it mildly !!!

5. t

timmygt33 Valued Member Member

A can of sardines have more room than those poor little fellas!

6. ppate1977

ppate1977 Well Known Member Member

That's just sad. What is this person thinking?

7. Scott H

Scott H Valued Member Member

when the camera tilts to look into the log theres a clown loach in the log AND anuther one in the background!!! way over stocked!

8. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

That's ridiculous!

9. Chris123

Chris123 Well Known Member Member

Sadly this tank is way overstocked :(

How bout instead of complaining inform him give him some advice maybe get him on fishlore

CB

10. benjaminBreaker

benjaminBreaker Valued Member Member

Does it say anywhere how long that tank has been established? Must suck for the fish to be crammed in there like that, but admit it, it is pretty, and if this guy has been getting away with it for a long time, kudos to him...I guess.

Teach us your secrets, super dragon master. lol

11. w

wonton55912 Valued Member Member

this is worse than the time i put 2 guppies, a bn pleco,a molly, and an acf in my 1.66gal tank. :(

12. Jake the Fish

Jake the Fish Valued Member Member

That is inhumane.

13. josh11551

josh11551 Well Known Member Member

if the guy had enough money to buy all of the fish, then he should have bought a bigger tank first. Poor fish hang in there :;soldiers

14. funkman262

funkman262 Well Known Member Member

Taken from his youtube video information:

This is my 2 fish tanks in the 11 gallon tank there are;
    2 dalmation mollies,
    1 panda oranda (Hercule),
    5 red wag platys,
    1 mickey mouse platy,
    3 clown loaches,
    2 golden gouramis,
    2 tropical blue rainbows,
    2 scissor tails,
    17 neon tetras,
    5 rummy nose tetras,
    5 male guppies including 3 lyre tailed ones,
    1 long finned albino bristle nosed pleco,
    and one upside down catfish (Which hides in the rock all the time!)

Tank 2
    1 (Not well) red male Betta splenden,
    1 standard bristlenosed pleco.

one of the dalmation mollys in the 11 gallon tank is currently pregnant and is therefore in a livebreeder tank, as i am trying to successfully breed my own livebreeders. Any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

So not only is he overcrowded right now but he wants to breed the fish :;smack

Oh yea, and I love this comment he made:
    "I know its over stocked i dont intend to replace any fish that die for the time being. the guppies will be moved 2 the smaller tank when the betta dies :( which will be soon as he has a tumor.

with the 11 gallon tank i am going to let it die back a bit so that it isnt so over stocked."

So apparently it's ok to overstock as long as you don't replace the fish that died a horribly stressful, short-lived life.

15. navyscuba

Oh makes me want to go to the house and take the fish to a store and bust his tanks with a baseball bat. :mad:

16. benjaminBreaker

Why would anybody want to spend all that money on fish just to let them die off?...:confused:
    It does make me want to go over there and take them, like navyscuba said.
    BTW, navy, are you in the Navy? I'm gonna' join after High School. :)

17. navyscuba

Yeah I'll be retiring at the end of this month. I posted some info for ya on harpuas threat were you mention you are joining the NAVY.

18. benjaminBreaker

Oh yeah, sorry. Guess I didn't see that.
    You said,
    I have not been to boot camp yet...are you saying I should get in contact with a recruiter and go to boot camp before I graduate? Also, I'm not so sure they would want me on a battle ship or a cruiser or anything like that. I'm 6' 1" 240lbs so being on a cramped ship might not be a good idea. I want to be Shore Patrol, how exactly would I go about doing that?

19. p

pinksprklmonkey Valued Member Member

I'm with you. I'll bring the bat.

20. navyscuba

Either break them or get a garage sale going and donate the money to the SPCA.