VERY nervous bala sharks!

pinklizzard

Reaction score
Hi

I have 4 beautiful bala sharks in my community tank. They are all doing well except for on thing. They are the most nervous fish ever!!! I mean all I have to do is walk across the room in front of the tank and they just go nuts darting around hitting their heads off the top of the lid! Its really crazy. And they are like this ALL the time. I just don't get it and want to know if there's anything I can do to calm them. At this point I have to tip toe around the tank and feeding time is just nerve-wrecking! And because of them my other fish have also started doing the same thing...acting all nervous and darting around hitting their heads! Please help before they do some serious damage to themselves!

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Floating plants should help you out.
What size tank, with what other fish?

Dino

muzicstar

Reaction score
pinklizzard said:
Hi

I have 4 beautiful bala sharks in my community tank. They are all doing well except for on thing. They are the most nervous fish ever!!! I mean all I have to do is walk across the room in front of the tank and they just go nuts darting around hitting their heads off the top of the lid! Its really crazy. And they are like this ALL the time. I just don't get it and want to know if there's anything I can do to calm them. At this point I have to tip toe around the tank and feeding time is just nerve-wrecking! And because of them my other fish have also started doing the same thing...acting all nervous and darting around hitting their heads! Please help before they do some serious damage to themselves!
I've just newly bought 3 balas and have noticed exactly the same thing. This is all new to me again, especially balas. However, quite a number of years ago I kept tropical fish and must admit that I can't recall any of them being visibly nervous like the balas are. I hope that it is because they are still getting used to their surroundings and gradually acclimatise themselves to it.

New Threads