Very Lethargic Gourami

The Rose

Reaction score
Hey, I need some help with a Gourami that doesn't move. He just sits there with his head at the surface of the tank until it comes time to feed. Then he will slowly make his way to the food and eat very little. The he will return to the corner of the tank unmoving. He has gotten some darker color on his belly area. He is the only fish in the tank that is acting like this. Any ideas?

Thanks, Tony.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The Rose said:
Hey, I need some help with a Gourami that doesn't move. He just sits there with his head at the surface of the tank until it comes time to feed. Then he will slowly make his way to the food and eat very little. The he will return to the corner of the tank unmoving. He has gotten some darker color on his belly area. He is the only fish in the tank that is acting like this. Any ideas?

Thanks, Tony.
Does he have any other physical signs that have appeared around the time he started acting this way? What color are his gills? Is he breathing fast?
https://www.fishyfarmacy.com/fish_diseases/behavioral_disorders.html - B or D might be the culprit. You can also check the other pages there & see if you find the cause, then the members here can help find a good med to buy & get your Gourami back to himself.

The Rose

Reaction score
It has faded a bit since he started acting like this. He doesn't seem to breathe heavy at all. Like I said he is just very lethargic and just floats at the surface until it comes time to eat. His tail also seems to be just hanging, and doesn't stand straight out like usual. I checked the link you posted and nothing seemed to fit.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The Rose said:
It has faded a bit since he started acting like this. He doesn't seem to breathe heavy at all. Like I said he is just very lethargic and just floats at the surface until it comes time to eat. His tail also seems to be just hanging, and doesn't stand straight out like usual. I checked the link you posted and nothing seemed to fit.
I'm sorry.. i wish i could be more help but am learning about all these things fish go thru myself.. but I found this site where you can ask fish experts questions:
. Hopefully they'll have a Gourami expert there who can help you get your little guy back to himself.

The Rose

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the help but He died yesterday when I got home from work. Too bad now I only have 1 gourami in the tank, poor guy needs a buddy.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The Rose said:
Hey thanks for the help but He died yesterday when I got home from work. Too bad now I only have 1 gourami in the tank, poor guy needs a buddy.
I'm sorry to hear that. Yea, he will.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom