Very ill barbatus

1. shwolfieeep Initiate Member

Hi all
    I have a Cory barbatus that has had pink/white mark just back from left eye. Had been there for a month or so and thought it was just a scrape or wound from a fight? Noticed that she was not swimming around much yesterday and took a closer look at her mark to see that it seemed to be deepened by a couple of millimetres. Today she has just barrel rolled around various locations of the tank and has ended up in some java moss. The area now shows blood and I have tried to take a photo. Have added Melafix as suggested by local fish store. Keeping her in community tank as the stress of move I think will kill her. Any advice appreciated.
    Wolfie

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

It sounds like you've pretty much done all you can do at this point.  Just keep a close eye out, and let us know if you see any new developments.   ;)

P.S. WELCOME TO FISHLORE!

3. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

A 35% or so water change then medicating after wards would not be a bad idea.

Dino

4. shwolfieeep Initiate Member

Additional info
    Tank been running for just over two years and was a rescue from a friend who gave up and was waiting for the fish to die! 36"x12"x18" with an external fluval 304 filter with spray bar. Planted with Java Fern, Java Moss and Cryptos.Gravel substrate with Bogwood, slate caves and small ship for cover and hidey holes. Stocked with 3 scissortails(r), 1 cherry barb(r), 5 penguin fish(r), 1 clown barb(r), 1 red tail shark, 2 algae eater(1r), 3 cory agazzis, 2 cory barbatus and 4 checkered barbs.(r=rescued) Test done on 5/11/05 pH=6.0 am=0 nitrite=0 nitrate=40ppm. 30 litre water change done on 5/11/05. Usual maintenance routine water change 3 or 4 week of 30 litres (gravel/plants cleaned) and filter cleaned every other time. 15ml of Melafix being added each day now.

5. shwolfieeep Initiate Member

Unfortunally she passed on the 9th November 2005. Thanks for all your advice.

6. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I'm sorry to hear you fish died. :(
    Carol

7. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

I am so sorry Shwolfieeep :( I wonder what this disease was?