Vertical Rainbow Shark?

Anixandria

Does anyone have experience with Rainbow Sharks acting weird? My guy William Sharkspear likes to wedge himself vertically, head up, between the glass and a plant. Every time I try to take a picture or go near him he easily moves to the front of the tank to greet me, but the weird position is mildly freaking me out. The rest of the time he swims normally but seems to love resting in that position? My tetras in the tank are acting normally and the water parameters are right on point so I have no idea why he’s doing this. Any help is appreciated!!

gray_matter16

I know somebody is going to ask, but can you share the exact measurements of what you mean by "parameters are right on point"?

peachsonas

I don’t know anything about rainbow sharks, and I hope your guy is okay! I just came here to say that William Sharkspeare is the best name for a shark ever.

Anixandria

I know somebody is going to ask, but can you share the exact measurements of what you mean by "parameters are right on point"?
Last I checked: Ammonia is 0, nitrite is 0, nitrate is around 10ish (can never read that one correctly smh), ph is 6.8
I don’t know anything about rainbow sharks, and I hope your guy is okay! I just came here to say that William Sharkspeare is the best name for a shark ever.
My other option was Sharkira if it was a girl lol

A201

Your Shark is likely sleeping when he assumes the odd angular position.
Many Asian species, including Barbs & Loaches, angle themselves downward, upward, even sideways when resting.

Anixandria

Your Shark is likely sleeping when he assumes the odd angular position.
Many Asian species, including Barbs & Loaches, angle themselves downward, upward, even sideways when resting.
That’s good to know, thanks so much! But oh jeez he must hate me for waking him up all the time when I find him like that lol

jpm995

Rainbow sharks like many loaches are known for their weird behavior. Enjoy the show it's nothing to be concerned about.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Anixandria
  • Question
Replies
Views
Manonthemoon
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon