Venting, Venting, Venting

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm starting to think it's time to scream...very, very loudly.

When I got home last night, my house was 81 degrees. My AC had not come on, even though it's set for 76. Ran upstairs, turned the fan on for the rabbit, birds, guinea pigs, dogs, checked my tank temps. Hit the reset button on my air conditioner unit. The AC people have been out to my house three times. You would think it would be okay by now.

My dishwasher hasn't worked since last week. It's brand new. They're sending someone out today after I get home from work-at their expense.

8:45 last night-I was doing water changes. Hagan, my giant schnauzer is limping. He'd been fine all day. I checked him over and couldn't find anything so we went to the emergency vet. They did x-rays and he's fine, but he's on painkillers and we didn't get home until around 11.

Got a phone call this morning. My daughter overslept (due to last night's lateness-she refused to stay home while I took him to the vet). My father is bringing her into school for me so I won't have to leave work.

It seems like every time I get something resolved, it pops back up. All I want to do is take care of these problems and get them put behind us so we're ready for new problems. Right now, things are stacking up.

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Naawww, sorry to hear bb. That sucks.

btw - 81 isn't all that warm for your fish, we had about 10 or so days over 104 here in Melbourne last year, topping out at 116-120 (on black saturday, bush-fire day)

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If its not one thing, its another.

Dishwashers are junk, in my opinion. I've had two brand new units installed in my house over the last couple of years. The first one was a cheap knockoff, the second one I picked up one that was supposed to be top-of-the-line. Same result as the first, expect this one would break glasses from time to time. I haven't used it in probably six months, but at least it looks nice.

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh BB I'm sorry you are going through all this. I know is really though but hang in there girl. You know we had all this hard times I think them as barriers that life puts in front of us to overcome.

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Im sorry for your troubles....hang in there......troubles always seem to pile up....but to me when that happens it makes the ''GOOD TIMES' even better!!!!!!!!

jerilovesfrogs

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
my house was 80....i didn't think it was that bad haha. though i think once the summer comes we'll keep our house cooler.

i have a new house, with ge appliances....which are ok, nice looking etc. but not a "high end" brand. so last year, i had it open, but forgot, and was walking backwards and fell in it! luckily the lower rack wasn't out. but i did bend the door a little. just a light shove and it closed fine. though every once in a while i have to remind it it's not supposed to be bend lol.

ain't life grand?
it'll be ok, keep your chin up. i always say, it could be worse.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm so sorry all these things came up at the same time. When it rains it pours, doesn't it?
Repeat after me....This too shall pass.
:console:

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Naawww, sorry to hear bb. That sucks.

btw - 81 isn't all that warm for your fish, we had about 10 or so days over 104 here in Melbourne last year, topping out at 116-120 (on black saturday, bush-fire day)
120!!!!! HOLY ____ winter all the way I'll take -20 over +30 any day of the week (that's -4 over 86 for those using F)

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Thanks, everyone

All your support means so much! I am so looking forward to putting some of these problems behind us.

Life is so much better with one or two problems at a time

Last edited:

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
UPDATE: The dishwasher repairman came out. Apparently, the dishwasher was installed incorrectly. I guess he was so busy looking at my tanks, he didn't do his job correctly

The gentleman that came tonight got it fixed and running and I'm happy to put that behind me!

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
UPDATE: The dishwasher repairman came out. Apparently, the dishwasher was installed incorrectly. I guess he was so busy looking at my tanks, he didn't do his job correctly

The gentleman that came tonight got it fixed and running and I'm happy to put that behind me!
Glad to hear that is fix. What about your A/C?

trailblazer295

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If the AC still doesn't work it's most likely an electrical problem, a family friend had a similar problem I think it was guy number 4 or 5 from the same company that finally ordered the right part.

jeniferdwn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
BB- hope you get everything straight! It's the weekend, so sit back, put your feet up and enjoy all your pets!

lanlesnee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It could always be worst. Focus on what's going right in your life and don't sweat on the little things.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom