Ventilating

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
This thread has been edited and is no longer in the original context.
Sorry for any difficulties or interruptions that this may have caused.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That's rough, I'm really sorry to hear about how difficult it can be. It does sound like the best option would be to get a job and if you don't have it yet, try and get your license as soon as you can. That alone should be able to help some so that her dislike for going out shouldn't affect it as much. Perhaps for the play sand you could go with her? That way it isn't as much as an issue to get it?
That's really tough though, I hope you and your mother will be able to work something out soon.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
This post has been edited and is no longer in the original context.

Platylover

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
That definitely is a bit much... well, when you turn 18 so long as you pass the tests you should be able to get it. For that you wouldn’t need a parent at that age from my understanding.
It seems like you are doing most of what you can to work with her and get what you need. It’s a shame it’s so difficult, hopefully she’ll come around and be more open to things soon.
That’ll be good if your dad can be more understanding and help you out with it. Hoping that works out for you!

GuppyGuy007

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I can definetly relate. I am thirteen, and both of my parents hate my fish. I cannot go to the pet store or order something off of Amazon without being endlessly questioned, even if it is my money. They don't understand why I need to separate strains of guppies, they don't understand that sometimes you just actually need something to save a fishes life, they don't understand why I try so hard to save all of the babies I get. They definetly don't understand how much I pay for my Fish, and they just don't get it in general. That's why this place is awesome, everyone here gets it.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dont feel bad about not getting 3 to work, thats what i started with in my 75 and it wasnt working. 5 was better but once i got to 7 things really calmed down.

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This situation may be difficult and frustrating and I can understand your point of view and how you feel.

I also want to say that no matter what, they are your parents. Sometimes they may seem unfair or that they don't understand you, but deep inside they do what they do for a reason and they do things for your best interest. Some times we just don't understand it until we become adults.

That's so cool that you have 6 tanks, you really got MTS. Maybe they think you have enough tanks for now, because the don't understand MTS and they do not enjoy the hobby themselves.

My humble opinion is to make the most out of the 6 tanks you have, try to not get into arguments with your parents over fish. Enjoy your time with them and once you move out get 6, 10, 20 more tanks. There is a time for everything and you'll get there.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom