VeiltailKing's New 29 Gallon Tank!

VeiltailKing
I just went to the store today and picked up a new 29 Gallon Tank! Along with that I bout a lid, light (fluorescent unfortunately), black and white gravel, some fake plants (will be doing a mix of live and fake), fluval filter, aqueon heater, a new net, API test kit, and a scrubber. I plan to get the tank all set up with decorations and filled with water tomorrow to start the cycle as fast as possible.

Giul
Congrats! Post pics after you have it up and running

Faded
Congratulations, just make sure you cycle tank for at least 2 weeks before adding fish

VeiltailKing
Congratulations, just make sure you cycle tank for at least 2 weeks before adding fish
I know This will most likely take longer than 2 weeks to cycle.

VeiltailKing
I just need to figure out what I want to put in the tank once it is done cycling

BottomDweller
What kind of fish do you like?

HORNET1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5xpxapVtMygIefEbUJZ1pk8_wRXZtZlkrC75xxwcG6q9I36LMAw.png

VeiltailKing
What kind of fish do you like?
Ahh... I like lots of fish I am still deciding what I’m going to get. I have time while the tank cycles.

While I was at the pet store I noticed that they had Oscars recommended for 40 gallonsead: They need at least 125 gallons.

HORNET1
While I was at the pet store I noticed that they had Oscars recommended for 40 gallonsead: They need at least 125 gallons.
I would avoid that pet store.

VeiltailKing
I would avoid that pet store.
I just went there for the tank discount lol

VeiltailKing
I just got the tank set up and... I already hate it. I will be going to the pet store soon to grab some decorations and stuff because I hate what I have right now.

VeiltailKing
I was looking into GardnerI Killifish but they are so expensiveead:

VeiltailKing
Any ideas for stocking this tank? It is sitting in my living room, so I would really like a nice, beautiful fish that is easily seen from a distance away. I don’t like the idea of tiny little fish that can barely be seen when you’re standing 3 feet away from the tank.

HORNET1
Depending on your scape...
A school of six cory cats
and a single angelfish as your centerpiece fish could be quite nice.

Jellibeen
Angelfish in a 29 gallon is pushing it. They can get pretty big. I looked into it for my 29 gallon and decided they wouldn't have enough room.

VeiltailKing
I like the idea of an angelfish and have heard people say you can and you can't put them in 29 gallons. I'm not sure if my tank is tall enough for them, but with my current set up a single angelfish would have plenty of room. I am still uncertain about one of those guys

Would a Jewel Cichlid be too big for the tank? I love the look of them.

VeiltailKing
Giant school of harlequin rasboras!
For some reason I'm not the biggest fan of them Maybe their colors? I'm not sure.

RainBetta
I like the idea of an angelfish and have heard people say you can and you can't put them in 29 gallons. I'm not sure if my tank is tall enough for them, but with my current set up a single angelfish would have plenty of room. I am still uncertain about one of those guys

Would a Jewel Cichlid be too big for the tank? I love the look of them.
I wouldn't do an angel in a 29G. I used to want one for my 29G, but after seeing it in real life, it made me feel really bad for it. They take up like 1/3 of the tank when fully grown. Just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Angels will likely eat harlequin rasboras.

Not sure about the jewel chiclids.

How about a betta sorority?

Congrats on your new tank!!!!

PonzLL
Harlequins aren’t for everyone!

VeiltailKing
I wouldn't do an angel in a 29G. I used to want one for my 29G, but after seeing it in real life, it made me feel really bad for it. They take up like 1/3 of the tank when fully grown. Just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Angels will likely eat harlequin rasboras.

Not sure about the jewel chiclids.

How about a betta sorority?

Congrats on your new tank!!!!
I already have a betta tank and would like something different Plus I heard that betta sororities are a hit and miss?

I really like the jewel cichlids, but they seem to be quite aggressive.

VeiltailKing
Pearl Gouramis are quite interesting too! I think those are my top 2 choices right now.

VeiltailKing
Any more stocking ideas?

Giul
I like the gourami idea. I’ve never kept a fire mouth Cichlid

BottomDweller
29 gallons is a bit small for a pearl gourami. A 30 would work for them since it has the extra footprint but a 29 gallon is pushing it.

VeiltailKing
29 gallons is a bit small for a pearl gourami. A 30 would work for them since it has the extra footprint but a 29 gallon is pushing it.
I’ve read that they can do fine in 29 gallons. I’m also kind of moving off of them since the pet stores near me don’t carry them and I really don’t want to ship fish

VeiltailKing
Should I put a school of Cory cats or a school of sparkling Gourami in the tank? I like both lol

EDIT: I'm leaning towards the Cory cats because they are actual schooling fish and the gouramis aren't

RainBetta
Should I put a school of Cory cats or a school of sparkling Gourami in the tank? I like both lol

EDIT: I'm leaning towards the Cory cats because they are actual schooling fish and the gouramis aren't
Ooh what about:

x4 Sparkling Gouramis
x8 Panda Cories
x1 BN pleco
Maybe x8 Rummynoses

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Moe98
Replies
Views
Berryblue