Question Veil Or Spade Tail Female Betta

Goldmoon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello everyone! I just picked up this “veiltail” betta from a pet store today but she looks almost like a spade tail to me (although I don’t really know how to tell the two apart). Since she’s a female, it’s hard to tell but all female veiltails I’ve had in the past have had a rounded tail and hers comes to what is almost a point. It also looks like she has just 2 rays which is a veiltail trait. Just wondering what your opinion is on this. Any/all help is appreciated!
IMG_4118.JPG
IMG_4095.JPG

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
A spade tail is like a subcategory of tail types, used to describe the shape of the caudal. The spade shape can be most commonly found in veiltails. Your female is a veiltail, but could also be called a spade tail.

Goldmoon

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
A spade tail is like a subcategory of tail types, used to describe the shape of the caudal. The spade shape can be most commonly found in veiltails. Your female is a veiltail, but could also be called a spade tail.
Oh that makes sense. Thank you for your response!

pongoandfriends22

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well said! That puts in a much easier way to understand. I also agree, I believe that female is a veiltail but has a spade shaped tail!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom