veggies

jrod

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I want to feed my fish some veggies. What kind of veggies should I feed them? Do I have to boil them?

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I heard that you could feed lettuce, peas, carrots and cucumbers. I am not sure if you boil them. :-\

Tumbleweed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I give them lettece and do not boil it first.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What fish are you feeding? My plecos and bristlenose simply adore zuchinni and peas. I do not cook it in any way. Just weight it down or clip it in one of those things with a suction cup made for the job . My clown loaches like it also.
Carol

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
All those might enjoy peas. Just open a can of green peas and take a couple out, rinse the mash just enough to break teh skin and drop them in.
Carol

Peter243243

Valued Member
Reaction score
Can you feed Goldfish some kind of fruit or veggie? ???

knight fish

Reaction score
u can give them sweet peas, lettuce (romaine preferable) zuchini, u can boil them if u prefer but that's just so the veggies sink to the bottom or u can weigh it down with something... what I do, I place a small amount of sweet peas (about 20 peas) in a small bowl with some water not much though, and heat it for 10 sec. in the microwave, let it cool down for a bit, squeeze the center out of the peas and feed it to the fish, sometimes I grab a knife and chop the outer shell of the peas so it will be soft enough for the fish to eat. they all enjoy it! ;D

knight fish

Reaction score
I forgot to post this, right now I'm feeding my fish a veggie recipe that my fish love big time which u can find here

hope this helps ya 8)

jrod

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks! I'll try it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom