Veggies And Fruits For Shrimp Question

1. spike98

spike98 Valued Member Member

I was wondering what are all the possible vegetables and fruits you can feed amano shrimp? I would like to branch out in variety of food I feed them. Additionally, is there any vegetables and fruit is should never use?

2. Mick Frost

Mick Frost Valued Member Member

Don't put avocado in your aquarium.
    My ghosts/cherries love Nori, and they're exceptionally happy when they find uneaten peas (almost never lol, but they're getting their own tank next week).

3. SFGiantsGuy

SFGiantsGuy Well Known Member Member

I give my plecos, snails and shrimp canned peas, slightly mashed, and then soaked in some powdered pulverized Tums Ultra (yes, the stomach/digestive medicine! 1000mg calcium) in a bit of tank water. The Tums calcium's very good for all of 'em. In addtion, instead of any powdered calcium EI live plant dosing, the calcium's cheap, and very very good for the plants as well.

4. W

Whitethorn Valued Member Member

I would stay away from the acidic fruits and veggies such as onions or lemons. Basically, anything that might alter your parameters is something you want to stay away from. I would strongly suggest giving them things like apples, zucchini, cucumber, potato, peas, lettuce, cabbage, etc. Chances are, you'll have at least something to give them. They also seem to love the algae wafers you can buy at the pet stores.