Veggie Flakes?

EmpPleco
???

Who here feeds their fish veggie flakes? What brand are they? I tried looking for some today at my LFS and they didn't have them - I was looking for anything that actually said "veggie flakes" maybe I was looking for the wrong thing?

???

Marc
I feed mine Spiriluna flakes... I think it's veggie

EmpPleco
I definitely seen those, but I didn't know they were veggie, lol -- I thought they would actually say veggie flakes on them lol

atmmachine816
If my memory serves correctly Omega One sells veggie flakes. If you can wait I think I am going to my lfs on Saturday morning and can check for you since they sell Omega One.

EmpPleco
Ok yeah, let me know!

Thanks

Gunnie
Yep. Spirulina is a veggie, and Omega One does sell veggie flakes! They have "veggie" and "super veggie" varieties. I have also found a product called "Sea Veggies" which is 100% dried seaweed, and is sold as cichlid flakes. You can also order veggie flakes from this site:

I know the owner of this site and trust his site. His prices look mighty good also!

EmpPleco
Wow, thanks Gunnie -- my LFS doesn't sell Omega One, I am gonna request that they do, because they sell all the other preferred brands of everything (tanks, filters, other foods, test kits, etc.). But they do sell Spirulina.

Butterfly
I use the Omega One veggie flakes also. although there is other stuff in them besides just veggies. My fish really like them also
Carol

EmpPleco
My fish are so used to the traditional TetraMin Tropical Fish flakes (I feed them that, shrimp pellets, live black worms, tubifex worms, rotating) so I wonder if they will even accept the new flakes every once in a while? But I am sure it is very good for their little systems.

Butterfly
They probably will accept them as part of the variety. Mine get veggie flakes every morning then they get other stuff at night. so I guess they must be hungry first thing in the morning
Also live bearers need veggies in their diet to be healthy and I have guppys everywhere ;D
Carol

Jason
If you cannot get Omega One, Tetra make veggie flakes. I have them and my fish seem to enjoy them.

Gunnie
If you cannot get Omega One, Tetra make veggie flakes. I have them and my fish seem to enjoy them.

J-Man, thanks for that!

Craig
yeah my veggie flakes r Tetra

C W

EmpPleco
I didn't see them by Tetra either and that's what I use for my regular flakes. I will probably either just buy the Spirulina (sp?) or go online to that wonderful site and get some veggie flakes.. I was hoping that tetra made them though, because I was thinking it wouldn't be too much of a change in flake for my fish if they were the same brand. I don't know --maybe its better to go different brands?

0morrokh
Your fish shouldn't mind a change in food or brands. It may be better to get a different brand, because one brand of food may make up for what another is lacking, nutrition-wise. Your fish will probably like the variety.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NavigatorBlack
Replies
Views
Elise299
  • Question
Replies
Views
doughboy52
Replies