Veggie Flakes?

EmpPleco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
???

Who here feeds their fish veggie flakes? What brand are they? I tried looking for some today at my LFS and they didn't have them - i was looking for anything that actually said "veggie flakes" maybe I was looking for the wrong thing?

???

EmpPleco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I definately seen those, but i didn't know they were veggie, lol -- i thought they would actually say veggie flakes on them lol

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If my memory serves correctly Omega One sells veggie flakes. If you can wait I think I am going to my lfs on Saturday morning and can check for you since they sell Omega One.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yep. Spirulina is a veggie, and Omega One does sell veggie flakes! They have "veggie" and "super veggie" varieties. I have also found a product called "Sea Veggies" which is 100% dried seaweed, and is sold as cichlid flakes. You can also order veggie flakes from this site:

I know the owner of this site and trust his site. His prices look mighty good also!

EmpPleco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks Gunnie -- my LFS doesn't sell Omega One, i am gonna request that they do, because they sell all the other preferred brands of everything (tanks, filters, other foods, test kits, etc.). But they do sell Spirulina.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I use the Omega One veggie flakes also. although there is other stuff in them besides just veggies. My fish really like them also
Carol

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They probably will accept them as part of the variety. Mine get veggie flakes every morning then they get other stuff at night. so I guess they must be hungry first thing in the morning
Also live bearers need veggies in their diet to be healthy and I have guppys everywhere ;D
Carol

EmpPleco

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I didn't see them by Tetra either and that's what i use for my regular flakes. I will probably either just buy the Spirulina (sp?) or go online to that wonderful site and get some veggie flakes.. i was hoping that tetra made them though, because i was thinking it wouldn't be too much of a change in flake for my fish if they were the same brand. I don't know --maybe its better to go different brands?

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Your fish shouldn't mind a change in food or brands. It may be better to get a different brand, because one brand of food may make up for what another is lacking, nutrition-wise. Your fish will probably like the variety.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom