Veggie Flakes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EmpPleco, Mar 9, 2006.

1. EmpPlecoWell Known MemberMember

???

Who here feeds their fish veggie flakes? What brand are they? I tried looking for some today at my LFS and they didn't have them - i was looking for anything that actually said "veggie flakes" maybe I was looking for the wrong thing?

???

2. Marc

MarcWell Known MemberMember

I feed mine Spiriluna flakes... I think it's veggie :p

3. OP
    OP
    E

EmpPlecoWell Known MemberMember

I definately seen those, but i didn't know they were veggie, lol -- i thought they would actually say veggie flakes on them lol

4. atmmachine816

atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

If my memory serves correctly Omega One sells veggie flakes. If you can wait I think I am going to my lfs on Saturday morning and can check for you since they sell Omega One.

5. OP
    OP
    E

Ok yeah, let me know!

6. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Yep. Spirulina is a veggie, and Omega One does sell veggie flakes! They have "veggie" and "super veggie" varieties. I have also found a product called "Sea Veggies" which is 100% dried seaweed, and is sold as cichlid flakes. You can also order veggie flakes from this site:

I know the owner of this site and trust his site. His prices look mighty good also! ;)

7. OP
    OP
    E

Wow, thanks Gunnie -- my LFS doesn't sell Omega One, i am gonna request that they do, because they sell all the other preferred brands of everything (tanks, filters, other foods, test kits, etc.). But they do sell Spirulina.

8. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

I use the Omega One veggie flakes also. although there is other stuff in them besides just veggies. My fish really like them also ;)
    Carol

9. OP
    OP
    E

My fish are so used to the traditional TetraMin Tropical Fish flakes (I feed them that, shrimp pellets, live black worms, tubifex worms, rotating) so I wonder if they will even accept the new flakes every once in a while? But I am sure it is very good for their little systems.

10. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

They probably will accept them as part of the variety. Mine get veggie flakes every morning then they get other stuff at night. so I guess they must be hungry first thing in the morning :D
    Also live bearers need veggies in their diet to be healthy and I have guppys everywhere ;D
    Carol

11. JasonWell Known MemberMember

If you cannot get Omega One, Tetra make veggie flakes. I have them and my fish seem to enjoy them.

12. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

J-Man, thanks for that!

13. CraigWell Known MemberMember

yeah my veggie flakes r Tetra

C W

14. OP
    OP
    E

I didn't see them by Tetra either :( and that's what i use for my regular flakes. I will probably either just buy the Spirulina (sp?) or go online to that wonderful site :) and get some veggie flakes.. i was hoping that tetra made them though, because i was thinking it wouldn't be too much of a change in flake for my fish if they were the same brand. I don't know --maybe its better to go different brands?

15. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Your fish shouldn't mind a change in food or brands. It may be better to get a different brand, because one brand of food may make up for what another is lacking, nutrition-wise. Your fish will probably like the variety.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice