Variety of Plants Help

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Perry15, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Perry15

Perry15 New Member Member

Hello everyone,

After about a month and a half, (maybe even two,) my 125 gal is doing great. Some plants have issues, but they are getting fixed with new leaves faster then the oldest leaves can die. :) I do have a few species of plants in my tank, but unsure of some, and unsure of some varieties, for example: Anubias Nana. All fish in the tank are doing well. Yes, I house goldfish with tropical. The goldfish were accidentally acclimated to 81-82'f water when they were about two inches long. (5&7 years ago.) They never had a problem, and get along well with the others. We are going on vacation tomorrow to Key West. It'll be fun to see the fish there.

1.What form of Anubias is this? Nana, Barteri, or Coffeefolia?

2. The leaves are contracting. Are they unhealthy?

3. Species? I cannot tell with the 2 different kinds of leaves.

4. This tall one? (I am surprised that one leaf is hanging on by a thread and is the better looking of the three leaves)

5. Java Fern perhaps?

6, Lastly, this plant. I don't think it's meant to be on driftwood, but it wouldn't stay in the substrate. I decided to put it on driftwood that had a hole in it just a tad bigger then the plant. Its a perfect fit with room for Eco-Complete substrate.

If you look carefully, behind the neons, you can see the plants bottom with substrate in the hole.

Thanks for viewing. All help is greatly appreciated.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

1. Coffefolia
    2. Don't really know. are they dieing after they contract?
    3. It's a Crypt of some kind. Many plants are grown emersed which makes them have a different air leaf. When they are finally submerged they start to shed their air leaves and grow submerged leaves. the tall broad leaf is an air leaf.
    4. Again I think it's an air leaf shedding. Goldfish will also nip and eat your plants.
    5. Looks like Narrow leaf Java Fern.
    6. Can't really tell which plant you mean sorry.

Java Ferns, crypts and Anubias are all ;ow light plants and they can make a gorgeous tank. I will have to look for my 75g pics that are all java ferns and Anubias.

Hope this healped.

Carol

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  4. OP
    OP
    Perry15

Perry15 New Member Member

Thank you for the reply.
    2. I haven't had them long. They are nice and green, but just contracting.
    4. My goldfish surprisingly leave my greenery alone. They will rarely take peas.
    6. The one on the driftwood, with the 3 large leaves

It helped, thank you. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice