Vanilla And Tangerine "lobsters" Breeding

Kasshan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i have 3 female vanilla lobsters and 1 male tangerine lobster. for now i have these crayfish segregated by gender in different tank. since these guys are highly derived color morphs as a result of extensive line breeding. my concern is will my chances at breeding the vanilla females and tang.male produce viable offspring. secondly will those offspring be true color-breeds OR return to the wildtype mudbug variety OR be a mixture of true breeds or mudbug that will need to be separated and culled.

does anyone have experience and facts regarding this?

i will say this point will become moot if i can acquire a male vanilla or female tang. but since i prefer a harem i would likely go minimum 2 females. this would be an added +60$ expense i would prefer to avoid if someone had their 2¢ to put in instead. much cheaper indeed.

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bumping this up for you

Big Red

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Can you post pictures of them? If theyre the same breed in crawfish they should be able to mate as for offspring ratio or morph I have no idea.

Kasshan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ive taken the molted shells and i have identified them as Procambarus Alleni var. Vanilla and var. Tangerine. the two back plates donot touch on the back leaving a small gap on the center of the dorsal carapace.
as well as the carapace being rather smooth compared to a Clarkii.
the mudbugs i got out the goldfish feeder tank are also Alleni.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom