Valentini Puffer Passed Away... Should I Change All The Water?

kujapirate1996

My little squish passed away, unknown what the causes were... sad days...

All I have left now are minI hermit crab and snail, they seem to be doing fine.

However, well, I'm confused about the is piffer's venom... He wasn't in the tank long after dying... Do they release their toxin after dying? Or is that not how it works. If I restock tank in the future, should I change a while lot of water in anticipation of bad puffer poison residue?

Any advice is appreciated. I'm still shocked and quite sad so researching is harder than it should be. :-(
 

Gypsy13

It’s my understanding the puffer needs to eat a certain bacteria AND algae to develop the venom. I don’t think you need to worry about poisoning the tank.

I’m so very sorry about Valentini! This is heartbreaking news. My heart is with you.
 

kujapirate1996

It’s my understanding the puffer needs to eat a certain bacteria AND algae to develop the venom. I don’t think you need to worry about poisoning the tank.

I’m so very sorry about Valentini! This is heartbreaking news. My heart is with you.

Wow! That's pretty interesting. Thank you for the info and the condolences. I keep wondering if I did something wrong :c I wish fish were as easy as dogs or guinea pigs!
 

Gypsy13

Wow! That's pretty interesting. Thank you for the info and the condolences. I keep wondering if I did something wrong :c I wish fish were as easy as dogs or guinea pigs!

Me too. Think how hard it is when you can’t see them or touch them. I have to rely on hubby to look at them for me. Ugh.
You did the best you could. Remember the love.
 

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
18
Views
950
KimAnnKitz
Replies
11
Views
988
Whitewolf
Replies
3
Views
1K
jamie carmichael
Replies
108
Views
46K
Aldric
Replies
8
Views
18K
COBettaCouple

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom