Vacation Feeding Question

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Khory4611, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Khory4611

Khory4611 New Member Member

I am going on vacation for 5 days soon. I am worried about feeding my fish while away. I do not have anyone available to come over while I'm gone. I'm also wary about auto-feeders- if they malfunction my tank is doomed:eek:

Should I bother with the vacation gel blocks?

Would they be fine without food until I return? If they won't starve, I think I'd rather keep them a bit hungry rather than put something new in the water that could cause issues.

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I've left my fish for 2 weeks without food. It takes a while for fish to starve to death. I think the best thing for you to do is to just let it be.

3. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

4. REDKAHUNA

REDKAHUNA Valued Member Member

I just turn out the lights and go on vacation. They seem to do fine for up to 14 days. My trips are usually shorter 4-7 mostly fish clubs I visit or conventions I attend.

5. e_watson09

e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I'm sure the fish would be fine. Just a warning the gel blocks are terrible I had them and they completely ruined my water I came home to MANY dead fish. If you can't find a little neighbor kid or something to come feed them then I'd just leave them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice